[Suggestion] TLE servers; a nalternative idea to 'voting' on progression

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Seefar, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Seefar Well-Known Member

Just a thought that popped into my head...

1. Re-enable all access quests.
    2. Automated check on a regular basis* for currently active characters** how many access quests completed.
    3. At some predetermined point***, issue announcement that next level is imminent; allow time delay ****

* -- every [ 30 | 60 | 90 ] days --
    ** -- those logged in within the last [ week | fortnight | month ] --
    *** -- eg [ X% ] of currently active characters have unlocked [ Y% ] of access --
    **** -- [ 30 | 60 | 90 ] days --

Benefits (off the top of my head):
    • automated background checks mean less ongoing resource diversion to maintenance
    • no need to distract busy Norrathian citizens with immersion-breaking voting system
    • no need to discuss mechanics of voting system (cf worries IRL about corruption of online vote results)
    • those who wish to unlock next level of content have a nincentive to assist others with their access quests and thus may assist grouping -- but could also be a double-edged blade if newer characters are bulldozed into rushing content they'd rather take more leisurely; might need to address flaws in mentoring system so that content can't be trivialised by ubermensch, (cf 'powerlevelling' and associated nonsense)*****
    ***** one of my favourite hobby-horses ;)

Thank you for listening.