[Suggestion] Summer Crafting

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Meirril, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Meirril Well-Known Member

I expect to see a summer release of adventuring content. Something to lure subscribers back for the months just before a new expansion gets hyped. How about something to draw crafters back as well?

Here is an idea: have the crafters go somewhere completely different than the adventurers. Like maybe the Far Seas Trade Company wants to rebuild their operation and invites us inside the castle and into their shipyard to help repair/replace/rearm their ships and holdings. Something like timed events inside of crafting instances could be fun. A bonus reward for completing them, but nothing detrimental to the main quest you are doing if you don't attempt or fail.

For rewards I'm thinking some new crafting gear. Not your typical +skill items. I was thinking that since several blue stats affect crafting it would be nice to get some items with ability cast speed and ability refresh speed for non-adventurers. Something like 10-20 points per piece of equipment? It shouldn't be attractive to low end adventurers if it doesn't include any base stats or other blue stats, but will help with crafting. Maybe pick out 3-5 different "costumes" and make complete sets of same-stat gear from them. Like a set of nobles clothing, smith wear, a pirate costume, a fool, or any other costume you can come up with. Make sure the individual pieces are visible. Having them all be random drop and brokerable would be cool.
    Alenna and Aivet like this.
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

I just can't understand why anybody would have a capped crafter who isn't also a capped adventurer. It's just sooo boring.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

If you don't enjoy crafting, that's fine. There's no need to denigrate those who prefer crafting over adventuring.
    Lodrelhai, Finora, Thilka and 4 others like this.
  4. Shmogre Well-Known Member

For you. There are also people who don't understand why someone would want a capped adventurer, since grinding for the chance of a possibility of the potential for a slight upgrade seems boring to them. Luckily the game provides entertainment for both types, plus a whole spectrum of variety in between.
    Prissetta likes this.
  5. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Especially in a tradeskill forum thread. :rolleyes:
    Xillean, Dude and Prissetta like this.
  6. Katz Well-Known Member

Some people have characters that are max adventuring and max crafting, characters who are max crafting but not max adventuring, and characters who are adventurers but not crafters. What is hard to understand about it? :rolleyes:
    Alenna, Finora, Xillean and 1 other person like this.
  7. Melt Actually plays the game

Did I do that? I said crafting is boring. That is no insult.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

You said that crafting is boring (not that you find it boring) and questioned why anybody would do it and not adventure. That certainly gives the impression that there is something 'wrong' with people who actually enjoy crafting and not adventuring.
    Alenna, Lodrelhai and Finora like this.
  9. Alenna Well-Known Member

see what you posted.
    Hmm lets change it around. "I don't understand why someone would have a capped adventurer who isn't a capped crafter. Its soooo boring." looks like someone is insulting those who only work on adventuring to me*.

*Just to let you know. I have max adventurers who are also capped crafters maxed adventurers who aren't capped in crafting and some maxed crafters who aren't capped in adventure. I happen to love most aspects of this game PvP is the only exception.
  10. Aivet Well-Known Member

Nice idea. Something like repairing a ship in transit (Raffik's pirate ship?), with maybe a timed quest to do things because you're getting attacked by the Frillik Tide? Maybe a quest to outfit a team going to Tranquil/Phantom seas, or even Obulous? Dunno, there's heaps of possibilities. I'd love to see something like this.

I like the cast/reuse idea; the adornments you can use on some of the gear don't really give much. Sign me up for a proper smithing outfit. (The smithing vest from the city crafting looks nice, but no way would I be dealing with hot spitting metal with exposed bits (cf. a friend who welded without a shirt on. Do not do this.)) Something I would add to this is a charm or two. Maybe with effects like increasing experiment progress by 50 for 60 seconds, or the effect from the Brell deity that increases progress by an insane amount, or increases chance for not using components. Adventurers get fervour, we should get something similar :D
    Katz and Alenna like this.
  11. Melt Actually plays the game

My apologies if you think I was insulting anyone... that statement was directed firmly towards the crafting system. I have levelled a toon to 100 crafting and my 3 button is almost broken, if thats an indication of my intended meaning.