[Suggestion] Stacks Are a Good First Step

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Tekka, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The nice thing about the dungeon feature is it is a one-time only purchase; once you've got it, you're golden. :)

And the cool thing about having a Gold account is being able to save up for it for a couple of months...but I, too, know the lure of Marketplace furniture. ;->

Uwk
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

There used to be a way to get more vault space, no idea why it was dropped.
    You used to be able to get a key to unlock another vault space , don't know if you had to buy it ,or if you could make it.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I thought the dungeon feature was not for sale any longer, I thought it stopped when they removed the ability for others to earn marks and experience. *wanders off to look at the Marketplace and see if it is still for sale, for knowledge only as she already owns the dungeon feature*
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

The dungeon maker feature is free to everyone now. Completely agree with the OP about the tinkered fuel depot. There are 75 different fuels now - barely enough room with both the tinkered depot and the larger marketplace purchased fuel depot in a crafting house. Surely increasing the item limit on the tinkered depot isn't any more difficult than setting limit=100? (Even more would be nice!)
  5. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Weren't you able to get house vault expanders? I think they were crafted.....

Really plumbing the depths of the memory now!
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yes I found one of those on a broker and looked it up on wiki .
    It was discontinued years ago , no idea why.
    I mean there are 2 more convenient places where you could put 2 more vault slots and every little space helps.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The whole thing used to be based on how many rooms your house had; I think the basic was like 2 slots for a House Vault if there was like 1 room, then 4 for a 3-room, and 6 for a 5-room. You could buy or make the Vault Expanders to "cheat" the basic default and get another 1 or 2 (can't recall how many now) slots added...or you could abandon the current house you were in (back when we could only have one at a time) and get a bigger place, you cheap -- people, you (of course, this was when the only 5-room places for the longest time were in Qeynos and Freeport and cost buckets of status to upkeep). ;->

Now that the houses themselves have increased in size to TWO, FOUR, AND SIX RESPECTIVELY (which the devs refuse to acknowledge in their descriptions, even for New Halas), they went ahead and just gave us all 6 slots, regardless of the size of the house we have, and made our individual ones accessible for us in any "house" (even a Guild Hall; have to go to the main door and right-click to access, but it's there) that we're in. So, no more Vault Expanders. :(

They could bring them back for a Marketplace item, I guess, but the last I knew, they were already growling and scowling at us for being hoarders of stuff in the first place, so they're not likely to encourage that. :(

Uwk
    who could also use them, too... ;->
    Rhodris likes this.
  8. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

You can also right-click on a bulletin board in a guild hall, Uwk, and open your house vault.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cool! That, I didn't know...thanks! :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

But with the depot that I linked that Tekka suggested, our hoarding would have less impact on the world. From what I remember when we were discussing stacking in the first place, the database counts a single item as 1, but it also will count a stack of 1-? of those same items as 1. Assuming I am correct, then a depot that would hold these new stacks, would allow us to pile in all the tiles and building blocks, furniture items, etc that they have made stackable and those of us *looks innocent* that have storage houses and dungeons with hundreds of building blocks and tiles in them could do away with most of the storage houses and dungeons as those items would stack and go into the depot.

My point is, for example (I did not actually do this), I purchased 900 of each stackable black marble item and 100 of each non-stackable black marble item at the Freeport City Festival. I went and made a storage dungeon (I did not do this) and found that I could not place my stacks of 900 black marble items, each stack would be 1 item. Instead, I had to place each of the stackable items separately in storage dungeons, as I had no vault, bank, or backpack space to hold the stacks. So now instead of the database seeing the stacks of 900 as 1 item since they are in a storage house or dungeon, it is seeing them as 900 different items, thus making more server load.

My thought is the stacks are wonderful, but now we need a place to store the stacks so that we are truly reducing the loads on the databases and servers by moving all these items we have placed individually in storage that are now stackable into stacks. I will admit, I have more than 100 of each tile that are only available during a holiday, event, or City Festival (no idea how many different ones there are), and every one of these tiles is placed individually in storage houses and dungeons.

If anybody has a rough idea of how many different tiles there are, multiply that by 100 and you will see how many items the database is seeing from me just for tiles versus how many it would see if I could put them someplace in a stack, which would then be the number you counted prior to multiplying by 100, and I am just learning to decorate so it looks good. Imagine the professional decorators in game and the amounts they are storing.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! True! Brilliant argument! :D

I hope they listen... ;->

As a matter of fact, this sounds like something that could be...dare I say...Tested... ;)

Uwk
    who also has, ah, "storage issues" here and there, but it's not as bad...really...
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

*laughs heartily*

I would love to "Test" it.