[Suggestion] Skyshrine's Content !!!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Kaito, Jun 25, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Kaito Guest

[For Group and Solo Improvements]
    I think most of you find it peeved that you can't find a proper party or the zone channel is filled up that your group don't have enough NAMED (Correction) targets to kill in contested areas...
    I suggest to put a Portal to switch channels within the Skyshrine just like the ones previous made for Ring Wars for a better cause...
    [IMG]
    And Solo quest content from NPC Cek'Arctor should have some changes for various kind of players who can't get a group or unable to get enough fun and reward from it.
    Hence adding
    [Faction Points reward upon completing quests from NPC Cek'Arctor, example like +25,50,75 from the 3 quests]
    [More Legendary type of equipments that you get from contested/instance Skyshrine zones added to Ornate Crate of Endless Goodies]
    [IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Solo Missions
    They should not be boosting the solo content to reward heroic content rewards. If you are only doing solo content, you do not NEED heroic rewards.
    Any of the solo content can be managed solo or with a mercenary. I was doing it just fine on my 90 paladin, accompanied by a wizard merc.

Getting Groups for Contested Skyshrine
    As for instances and contested Skyshrine, even my raid-geared conjy can't solo the contested stuff, even with an inquisitor mercenary. However, I put together a macro to post to the 80-89 channel something like: "91 conjy LFG for contested Skyshrine/faction grind, PST!" If that doesn't work, I form my own group: "Forming Contested Skyshrine faction group, PST!"
    If you can get three or four solid players, you can do the contested Skyshrine content. Depending on how you are geared, you may need to use mercenaries to fill out the group to six. But it's completely doable.

Getting Groups for Skyshrine Instances
    As for instances in Skyshrine, those are simple to get. People are running them all the time, and many times mlutiple times per day. Either advertise you are looking to join a group for SS instances, or announce you are forming a group. Forming your own group is the fastest way.
    It's helpful to remember that you do not have to have the absolutely "perfect" group setup. If you have the Holy Trinity (tank, healer, DPS) then the other three group members can be anybody for most content. It may be EASIER with a specific group (my conjy would appreciate a troub and illy in EVERY group, of course!) but I've had lots of fun over the years in not-so-perfect groups and even not-so-perfect raids.

Not Enough Mobs?
    It's crazy to think that you cannot find mobs to kill in contested Skyshrine. If lots of people are in one of the three areas, move to the next. Also, clearing the trash completely helps repop the names, so if you have a group in there ahead of you name-hunting, just keep killing trash.
    Individual mobs drop the six item-started quests, which are good for faction. Also, once you have 10K faction, you can go to The Marketplace (portal is behind the mender's tent, to the right of the mission-giver) and get six quests by clicking various landmarks, and these give good faction once you complete them in the contested zones. Once you have 50K faction, you can purchase top-notch gear in The Marketplace.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kaito Guest

Sigrdrifa@Lucan DLere wrote:
    RE: Endless Goodies are rewarding "Legendary" Equipments, not "Fabled", just suggesting to add more "Legendary" Items in the bag, and further more the solo missions are heroic content , if they are not, try doing it using non-legendary/fabled equipments AT ALL to clear the whole thing.
    RE: With most of the players not opening world chat, and SHOUT only can be heard within the zone, what happen if people who are seeking members only use SHOUT and you can't hear them when you are in the different channel example like Skyshrine: Dracur 2...??? And the Portal Request is for players who like to switch for a smoother and less lag zone without much players for their group to play in...
    RE: Okay, amending my "...don't have enough targets to kill in contested areas" to "...don't have enough NAMED targets to kill in contested areas"
    NOTE: Different Servers have different issues with the zones, I am just suggesting for Freeport with the majority of players in it...