Suggestion: Personal hate transfer for illusionists

Discussion in 'Mages' started by MrWashek, Mar 27, 2016.

1. MrWashek Member

No need for complicated elaboration. With hardcapped hate gain and dehate there is no option for illusionist to stay out of first position in hatelist. You will run out of position deaggros very quickly and getting through heroic content without well set up group is pain, considering the population of the servers. You can either die after every spell cast or just autoattack target (which is also very dangerous :)

So if we could get a small personal hate transfer of at least 20%, that would be bombastic.
  2. Flamace Active Member

I can't say I've ever pulled aggro off our tanks without a memwipe or IA.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

I've occassionally pulled aggro on my warden, I need a hate transfer! :p
    Kuulei likes this.
  4. MrWashek Member

You are missing the point :) Not a problem in premade group/raid. It is a problem in PUGs, where you can not really pick who to put into group when there is handful of people online and you just tear aggro with almost every single spell cast.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

That can happen with almost every class.
  6. Treiko Active Member

you know i once had this problem back in CoE. 2 hours later I was a coercer and the problem went away.
  7. MrWashek Member

Other classes (dps) have personal hate trasnfer :)
  8. Jerpa Member

So whats the next step after giving illus hate transfer, giving it to all classes. Start using the stuff you have available yourself before shouting for stuff. Use Illusionary Instigation to help tank, use sever hate on yourself and if that doesnt help, go left side prstige for 30% hate reduction. You already have the tools needed to not grab aggro, but as you prolly only think of your own dps and dont want to help the grp you dont have the stuff specced.
    Meneltel likes this.
  9. MrWashek Member

Please read the whole thing. You can not go over hard caps with hate reduction and hate gain. No point. The problems occur when sitting at caps. You have two position deaggros options but what happens in PUGs is that you start casting temporary buffs, get aggro, use first and second deaggro and you are dead, get rezzed use one spell and you are dead again. That is why I was asking for hate transfer, because it does not interfere with hate caps and can actually make a difference.
  10. Jerpa Member

So your solution is that all classes get hate transfer then, since this isnt a illu problem. It goes for all classes without transfer inlcuding some with if the tank is bad. Maybe try and let tank get initialaggro before you start casting stuff. And illusory instigation gives tank 20% extra on taunts. And in a suboptimalgrp you dont get close to hate/dehate caps.
  11. duckster Active Member

Seems like you need to group with better tanks if an illy is ripping aggro without using mimic.

Alternatively as Jerpa suggested, you can use sever hate as its a deaggro+ hate reduction as i recall for set duration?

Group setups tend to be the issue with aggro managements and sounds like this is the case for yourself.

Get a dirge/swash/assassin in grp or paladin tank for easier time of it.
  12. MrWashek Member

Yes this is the case, as I stated in the original post. PUGs on Splitpaw are forming for 30-50 minutes and the setup is for instance brig, brig, bruiser, illu, troub, fury. I can sit back and do nothing for 50% of the fight, start dps rotation in the middle of the fight and die as soon as I hit unda, no time to snap it back for tank, get rezz and die the second I use something else. It is just not fun and you can not be picky who to put into the group because that way you would end up with either just healer or nothing at all hehe, it is that bad with server population, but that is another story.
  13. Jerpa Member

Well with that grp setup the tank isnt close to maxing hate gain, which means you should use Illusory Instigation on him as often as possible. And with that setup i guess the 2 brigs rip as much aggro as you do since they dont have a transfer, but maybe they should have transfer aswell then.
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

Briggy, warlock, wizard, necro, conjy, ranger.. those don't have hate transfers...
    Okay, the wizard/warlock have a tiny transfer, if I call correctly... single digit...
  15. Jerpa Member

And since you ask for a "small" hatetransfer of 20%. Do you really have a clue what numbers other classes have?
    Kraeref and Ragna like this.
  16. Simien Active Member

Is this really the truth? I mean, you gain 100% hate casting temporary buffs? I don't buy it. But giving you the benefit lets say it does happen...sometimes. You are describing a less than desirable tank even with a no transfer group. This is not an issue with Illusionist hate, it is a tank and or group issue. I have tanked many many groups without hate transfers and have almost never had this issue with an Illusionist although sometimes with brigand/ranger/summoners. Aggro management is a group effort imo, if you find yourself with a tank that can't hold aggro adjust accordingly or die often and move on.

Also you asked for a "small hate transfer of AT LEAST 20%" Ummm that is no small transfer. High parsing Brigs/Rangers and summoners would LOVE a transfer like that. Poor groups and tanks are not reasons for adding unnecessary buffs. Lets just give tanks 4 or 5 more positional increases at 8 or 10 positions each....sound silly? So does your request. If it is that much of an issue for you be a little more selective when choosing a group or just deal.

20% pfffffft
  17. Simien Active Member

I would also like to add if your EQ2U link is correct you are at 0% hate not hard capped like you stated in the OP.
  18. Regolas Well-Known Member

You can't make the game completely carebare just for when you're in groups with bad tanks.

All dps classes, with and without deaggro abilities, have the same problem and just have to calm down on the dps. Deaggro abilities have quite long recasts.

If you've ever played a bard, man, these classes seem to get initial aggro every pull just from their buffs. Illys have some of the best aggro management tools. If you're struggling, use them on yourself. Although I bet that dps class in your group is having a harder time than you!
  19. Arco Active Member

Almost every class is having aggro concerns, even the classes with hate transfer... I'd rather see them change the dehate cap, maybe -70%?
  20. Treiko Active Member

Aggro has always been everyone's own test. The key to solving this is to realize that 1.) it's not always the tank's fault, and it's never their responsibility to watch your aggro. 2.) You are given tools to handle aggro. 3.) The best tool for managing your aggro is you.

Basically if you are constantly pulling aggro yourself, make sure you are doing everything you can possibly do (having all your stats where they need to be IE hate mod at -50%, any applicable buffs you can give yourself (synergism), using the tools available to you, and slowing down on the trigger finger if needed). If you have all those things and nothing changes, there is a chance the tank is to blame for not doing the above things for themselves. At this point you simply need to decide if you wish to continue with this chaotic, stressful environment, or if maybe you need to go do something else that is less stressful.. Great thing about pugs, people come and go all the time. Just don't be a tool on your way out. When I was in a situation where I had the same group setup every time, and we failed every time, I took action for myself. Long story short, it was the tank, and I betrayed to coercer. The difference it made when i was able to control the tank's hate for them. We were suddenly able to finish heroics in under 3 hours, it was quite amazing really. Point is, there are options available no matter how you look at it :) Good luck.