(Suggestion) In need of more placeable flag varities

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Xavion, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Xavion Well-Known Member

can we please get some more variety to flags we place down in zones? specifically we need color blind friendly varieties of colors if possible aswell as some other kinds that would definitely help.
    • purple
    • orange
    • white
    • black
    • cyan
    • star shape flag
    • flame shaped flag
    • cross shaped flag
    • sword shaped flag
    • shield shaped flag
    • flag with number on it (1-5)
    • color blind varieties of flags for red blue green yellow
    Xianthia, Carizia, Bramdar and 6 others like this.
  2. Toshea New Member

This is actually an accessibility issue and VERY high on my please fix list.I understand that there are multiple types of colorblindness and accommodating them all is an overwhelming and arduous task. However, there are several solutions that might avoid this problem and would be very easy to test.

Specifically, coming from the color blind person, here are the problems and some ideas / suggestions:

Problems:
    1. Shade differences and some color combinations are very very difficult or impossible to distinguish.
    2. High contrast is essential
    3. Reliance on a factor like shape, rather than color, for differentiation is essential

Suggestions:
    1. Leave the current flags as they are and add an (optional?) white shape to the top: e.g., star, circle, square, triangle
    2. Create a set of flags that are white and the flags themselves are different shapes
    3. The Ishihara colorblind test contains at least 1 image that can be seen ONLY if you are colorblind. One possibility is to incorporate images / patterns like this on the flags currently in use. People with normal vision would not see anything but dots while colorblind people would see a pattern they could distinguish and identify.
    Xianthia, Carizia, Renatuu and 2 others like this.
  3. Renatuu New Member

I think this would be great! :)
    Xianthia and Twyla like this.