Suggestion for a new heroic META going forward

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Smashey, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Smashey Well-Known Member

I have been thinking. A lot actually. This expansion has been pretty bad for group content because there is a lot of one shot mechanics and overall just too many mechanics for some of my fellow EQ2 players so that got me thinking, how can we sort this and this is what I came up with.

For future expansions, please consider "normal" heroics in a state like you did in the old days. Where mobs had maybe 1, sometimes 2 mechanics that could be clearly understood and cleared without the need for third part applications such as ACT. Also, beta test and tune these for a new player that use solo quest line gear.

Then on top of that, add Expert heroics. These should and could work like "mini raids" - Exactly what I think most casual players think of when they do current RoS heroics. In exchange of this being harder, these should grant rewards close to T1 raid gear with the option of an unique piece of gear off every endboss. Leave this gear in the game for 6 months, then after 6 months have the game automatically bump the rewards you get from Experts zone to T2 raid quality and after 3 months bump it again to T3 raid rewards. Obviously tuning this slighty as we go along. Not only does this give players an incentive to play heroic content more than once, as is the case in RoS for most players, it would mean that people would contionously be able to catch up and be viable to raiding guilds or gear up alts.

I know the idea might be controversial, but lets be honest. The low population, the amount of work put into heroics, the lack of reward and the difficulty for the casual player means that a lot of developer time is wasted on this content. This is the content people are supposed to be doing outside of tradeskilling when they are not raiding and with the current setup it just isnt happening. We have seen for two expansion now that heroics gets nerfed into obviolion a few months after release either way, so why not split them up and make sure group content can stay relevant for a whole expansion cycle and not just for a few weeks.

Even if you dont agree with my idea, you have to agree that something needs to be done so people want to play the game outside of raiding.
  2. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Agreed.