[Suggestion] Fallen Gate Adjustments to Think about.

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Vunder, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Vunder Well-Known Member

I came back again for Fallen Gate. This is a list of tweaks I think would be beneficial for everyone and make the experience a little more enjoyable.

Originally posted in wrong area, but they don't let you delete.

Start with my class that I play.

Channeler
    • DPS is ok, it could use a small 1-2% bump. But I am happy with it. I am doing 15-20 dps in WC at lvl 15.
    • Heals: Bump the heal amount from the pet proc by 1-2%. We are the lowest healing priest and will be for a good long time on this server. Our PERCENT based heals are meh at best. I heal for 8% max health and the mob does 25-30% dmg in return.This is important because the current mentality is Druid or BUST
    • Did we add Armor Quest for Channeler? I did not see it if so.
    • POWER: I am not the only priest struggling with power. Our heals/abilities are using a lot of power and there is very little regen.
    • Why is our haste set to -20%? My bard is at 0. My Guard is at 0. Why are channelers set to -20%?
    Travel
    • In all honesty, this isn't a racer server. Is there truly any reason to restrict travel so much?
    • IDEA: Maybe change it a little to open up other bells once we have explored the zone the bell is located in and clicked the bell. Something?
    • FACT: Travel is currently detrimental to groups. BB lfg healer..I'll do it..where are you...DLW, no we need someone closer.
    • IDEA: Give us CoV? It only works 50% of the time anyway and without recast times at 100 it will take forever to recast (think its an hour without recast?) Put it in marketplace for 1500 cash, ill buy it early.
    Experience
    • I feel, and many others, that this needs tweaked a little. Reasons behind it is there is a huge lag when questing.
    • A person can exhaust all the quests at several areas and still have to grind several hours in order to do quests.
    • Grind Point of View. It takes 200 kills more or less to grind 1 level up to level 15. After that It is taking me about 250 kills of even con and yellow con.
    • IDEA: A quick fix, would be to give us Veteran XP bonus. This would be 200% max (like a vit pot) and I feel this wouldn't make XP gain game breaking.
    • Lots of people are already complaining about the extremely slow leveling, you will lose people soon because of this reason above all others.
    • IDEA: Another fix. Give quests a serious bump in XP gain (about equal to collections at the same level, those give a lot of xp) This will force us to level by questing which is fun. Leveling by grinding is not fun.:(
    • I am fully aware you don't want people rushing through content...however I fully feel that there will be little players left for end game at the current rate of XP gain. JUST LIKE STORMHOLD
  2. knine Well-Known Member

lol they aren't going to do this and make it open up the heritage quests to be completed at a faster rate.. remember you're getting items on live from going to this server and populating it. People want nostalgia, well you got it. I haven't made a toon there, however do you still have to recover your spirit shard when you die and lost xp.. now that would make it realistic lol. Good luck with your requests.
    Siren likes this.
  3. Vunder Well-Known Member

You do understand that HQ's on these servers require full groups and take several hours, if not several days, to complete.
    Kittybock and Mermut like this.
  4. ssiard New Member

I have the opposite view.

IDEA: Another fix. Give quests dungeons a serious bump in XP gain (about equal to collections at the same level, those give a lot of xp) This will force us to level by questing grouping, which is fun since this is not a single player game and it allows you to experience your class role early. Leveling by grinding quests is not fun.:(
    Nuhvohk and Snikkety like this.
  5. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

I'm not sure the OP understands the point of the server. The server is set the way it is to mimic launch conditions as best they can without having to do any major coding work.

Launch conditions had:
    • Restrictive travel (everything was locked behind access quests as well, and no druid/sorcerer ports, so we've got it easy comparatively.)
    • Slower leveling speed
    • Leveling primarily by grouping with supplemental quest xp
    • An actual death penalty (Again, we've got it easy these days, even on TLE)
    In short, this server is supposed to be a bit of a throwback and you want to remove the throwback.
    Nuhvohk, Mizgamer62 and Alenna like this.
  6. Suraklin Member

Everything you asked for is completely opposite of what they made this server for. They made a new TLE server for the people who enjoyed how the game was during release. Which it still really isn't the same with certain classes being available and starting zones being available and crafting not like it was at release.

You said leveling by grinding isn't fun. Well if you're not at end game on live servers you're in for a big shock for the Ascension and Epic 2.0 grind. So, just think of it as a preview of end game on live servers. The only real incentive that has so many people playing this server is the Heritage Quest items to claim on live servers. It's just another way to time gate most players on live until the next expansion comes out.
    Mizgamer62 and Snikkety like this.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

The xp grind on the TLE servers is far worse then the grind for ascension...
    Kittybock and Vunder like this.
  8. Vunder Well-Known Member

True. And it ran off a large chunk of the population.

Your demographics for MMO's are now in their 30's not their late teens early 20's like it was 13 years ago. With a silly 12 week span, we won't have much time to enjoy end game each expansion at this rate of leveling.

Grouping is fine, when you can find one. Most zones are flooded with 6 man bots...and they are bots.
  9. Vunder Well-Known Member

I have finished 2 of the epic 2.0 and grinded one class to ascension.

What I am asking for is to correct the mistakes that were made with stormhold and ran off a lot of people. Grouping is fun, however, grouping for 6 hours grinding is not fun...at all. IF that is fun to you, there are plenty of korean junk grind games to go enjoy.
    Mermut likes this.
  10. knine Well-Known Member

They made the game similar to what it was at release. If you want fast xp groups, etc. then stay on live and grind. TLE is for what used to be. I would hope that you love xp when you die like you used to. There is nothing wrong with how they implemented this, wish they wouldn't have at all, but that's how it is. What you're asking for is current ideas, basically what live has, on a TLE server lol...
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

There's is space between 'the starter zone quest don't even give you enough xp to keep up with the questline' and the live 'you're lvl 20 before you're 1/2 way through the starter questline'.

What many people are asking for is something along the lines of 'quest (plus the kills needed for them) give you enough, or nearly enough, to keep up with the quest line'. which is some where in the middle.. between too little and too much.
    Prissetta likes this.
  12. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Where are people running out of quests? Keep in mind that the original game didn't exactly have a fluid quest progression.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's not 'running out of quests'.. it's not keeping up with their level.
    I ran every single quest on Queens Colony, then went to Frostfang Sea. Before I hit lvl 9, the quest were already turning orange and awarding gear I couldn't wear yet, because I was too low level.
    Kittybock likes this.
  14. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

You're problem is that you're going into a Sentinel's Fate era zone expecting vanilla exp to carry you through it. The problem isn't the exp. The problem is you're doing it wrong and that Daybreak should have never allowed Frostfang or DLW to remain in game after the initial Stormhold beta. Exp levels are set to accommodate the vanilla zones where zone hopping and self-guided questing and exploration was the norm. Setting exp levels to accommodate Frostfang and DLW would mean out-leveling the vanilla zones before intended. Go to Oakmyst, Peat Bog, Forest Ruins, Down Below, the Caves, and then Antonica. That's the progression the exp is tuned for. Frostfang is the anomaly in this equation.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

I played before DLW and Frostfang Sea quest lines. I've already had to go to the sub zones of Qeynos. However, trying to do any quests in those zones when there are over 20 people in the zone is near impossible. You're lucky to find ANY mob or ANY node available, let alone the ones you need, in the zones when they're that crowded.
    Prissetta likes this.
  16. Revel Well-Known Member

Except it'll never be anywhere close to the original. Slower leveling? Sure, until people P2W and buy vitality potions and experience boosters. Suddenly leveling is very fast. There's already 2 level 50 characters.

All this server is doing is reminding how much MMOs have evolved over the past 20 years for the better.
  17. Vunder Well-Known Member

Really pisses me off when someone says "you're doing it wrong".

I did all the quests on Isle, went to DLW did all I could, they turned orange quest rewards are not USABLE! Went to Freeport and went through all the crappy zones did every single quest I could till they turned orange or red. Did my ogre race quest.

I've done close to 100 quests and IM only lvl 16....ive grinded 2 hours in WC and i've started questing in Commonlands, which is one of the worst quest hub zones next to nek forest in the game.

exactly, which is why i cancelled my sub again. Nobody (or a very tiny amount) miss the PITA travel or crippled leveling. I don't mind questing and killing if its fluid and I can see a difference.

But when I play 4 hours straight doing 5 quests and then turn those 5 quests in and only get 4.5% exp from them combined. It becomes pointless to me. Sadly I have about a month left on sub since I only paid to play this server. I shouldn't have. I should have known the XP rate and travel would have been asinine.

You would think, mandatory release every 12 weeks it would be faster....I will never reach 50 or enjoy the content before the next releases at this rate...this alone has ran me off....for good this time because live version sucks too.

Oh well, the server will turn into a ghost town like SH did...it is simply TOO SLOW. READ general chat, read other forums...nobody is enjoying this. (except for that one person that has no life and can play hours on in)
  18. Zenji Well-Known Member

4 hours for 5 quests? yes you are doing it wrong.
    Yes the XP rate and travel is vanilla like, but vanilla was far more grindy and had slower travel. You are right you shouldn't have paid to play a TLE server expecting to be like Live but lower levels.
  19. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

I'm thinking that Daybreak could have had a better write up on what to expect on a TLE server set to vanilla.

• Exp will be well below live. Leveling will be very slow compared to live.
    • You will not level efficiently by relying on quest hubs as vanilla zones didn't plan zone-wide progression around them.
    • You will grind.
    • You will travel on foot.
    • You will camp named or craft, or both, if you want to gear yourself
    • You will compete with other players for spawns.
    • Questing and progression is self-guided.
    • Many quests in vanilla zones are only obtained via random drop.
    • Many quests in vanilla zones are only obtained by finding and clicking on random world objects.
    • Monsters will take longer to kill for most classes.
    • Solo progression is possible, but it'll take a lot longer.
    • Lower level items have been nerfed from live.
    If that doesn't sound like fun to you, then this isn't for you. For me, this is fun.
    ssiard likes this.
  20. Zenji Well-Known Member

@Meaghan Stormfire

I agree DB could have been more transparent with their intentions for FG. However, I would think most of what you listed could be assumed in a "vanilla like" experience.