[Suggestion] Devs, might want to wait on closing/moving reports

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Wulfgyr, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

The flurry of activity today in the Bug Reports forum is truly uplifting to see! Thanks to Caith and Ratalthor for dropping in and addressing a few of the outstanding issues. However, I would recommend waiting to close out a thread or moving it to the resolved section when an internal fix has been made that should correct something during the next downtime/patch. It wouldn't be the first time a fix made it's way to live, only to trigger an emergency downtime hours later when it's discovered it broke something else, or after some nasty player-types figured out how to use it for less than honorable purposes.

Just my two cents, and keep up the great work!
    Cyrrena, Tkia and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

The missions fix appears to have been loaded to test today which hopefully means we'll have it on live next week. It's kind of hard to test on test as you never know in advance about server bounces.

I also noticed on Kaladim that the 3 Kunark daily faction quests being offered today are the same 3 that I was given yesterday... so those seem to be wacky too.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Benj Well-Known Member

Knowing when to mark a bug as resolved/fixed is a problem I see in many software projects, not just EQ2. Even on GitHub and with big-name projects, I am often confused if the fix was deployed, written but not deployed, in-progress, or if the devs are deliberately taking no action. I would like to see tags for at least those four actions that indicate a dev has seen and responded to a bug.
    Rosyposy likes this.