[Suggestion] Boneshattering Combination

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Ezoo, May 8, 2017.

1. Ezoo Member

The positional aspect of Boneshattering Combination seems illogical when tanking.
    It should increase threat regardless of position, unless you have Subtle Strikes on,
    then it should decrease threat.
  2. Ansom Active Member

Not really, is a nice feature, specially in raid.
  3. Ezoo Member

Nice how?
  4. Ansom Active Member

You can deagro if need, avoid to waste defensive spell.

But, honestly i will suggest 2 little change:

1) remove the cannot critically hit on threat.. the threat value is very very low compared to the other taunt.

2) on monk spell, change the last line in " increases the brawler Potency", instead cb. atm i have already other the cb cap with raid gear, and i still need to change/infuse 3-4 gear..
  5. Ezoo Member

Hmm..... I'm not understanding your explanation. If you have aggro then the mob is likely facing you at the time,
    so just using Boneshattering Combo will not deaggro you.

This suggestion is regarding the positional aspect of the skill.
  6. Ansom Active Member

When you have 2 tank (like in raid), but only one tank should have agro, the other tank can control (in theory) the agro.
  7. Ezoo Member

First, at any point only 1 tank actually has aggro. Others just have some threat.

Your use case is not what we are doing 99.99% of the time, and you could still
    achieve it, maybe even better by using subtle strikes which is a pretty fast click.

Having BC be more deterministic would also solve the issue of ambiguity that happens when
    the game seems to think the mob was facing away when it looks to you like it is facing you.
    I think this might happen due to lag, or some other situations that I have seen when near
    walls or in corners.
  8. Ansom Active Member

No. with 20milion hp this spell hit for me for 23milion median threat (min10mil, max 40mil)... is pretty much irrelevant for hold agro.
  9. Ezoo Member

Not sure what you are saying no about. Since you already stated that it is "nice" for controlling aggro you have
    basically said it IS relevant. Now, you just need to realize that if it reduces your threat when you really wanted to
    increase your threat that is just a different way of stating what you already consider relevant.
  10. Ansom Active Member

Is a nice feature "in theory" (read second post).. :p Only because you don't need it, don't mean can't be used in other situation. Maybe open act, sec Threat (Out) for see the result.
  11. Ezoo Member

Oh I see! ... you are using "in theory" to mean "not really".
    It is a way to post a comment that only *seems* to be making a point. Neat!

In this case, since you have clarified that you think it is irrelevant for aggro and deaggro,
    you should have no issue with ANY suggestions regarding the positional threat aspect.

You will simply go on theoretically (not) controlling aggro with it as usual either way. :)
  12. Malleria Well-Known Member

I agree, it should be increase in threat regardless of position, and changed to decrease threat if you have subtle strikes on. That's the whole point of subtle strikes.
  13. Ansom Active Member

No, the whole point of subtle strike was necessary for remove the "3" stance, reckless, they split the stance effect in 2 spell, the deagro part in suble and the dps increase part in the off stance.

Some time ago, on AoM, the pure threat part was ok, now with pot/cb/fervor ecc ecc boost, is become irrilevant (but the agro generated from the attack is huge :p ).

ps. Sorry for some misunderstandings, i should't reply in forum while tanking...
  14. Ezoo Member

The point of Subtle strikes is threat reduction - what it replaced when it was implemented
    is not important for this discussion.

I looked at the ACT numbers. The threat component relative to the damage looks to be
    about 4%. So, the skill generates 4% more or 4% less depending on position. That is
    an 8% difference in the outcome. (Would be a bigger percentage prior to the high DPS
    levels we have now).

It is not a huge amount, but having it perform in a CONSISTENT manner regardless of
    position is better than not. Tying it to Subtle Strikes is simply logical.