sub combines and transmutables

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Lilflier, Feb 19, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Lilflier Guest

[p]I've been playing this game almost since launch and have stuck with it through the many changes. Some changed i liked, some i did not. The one that made me cry the most was the total loss of sub combines. Not only losing the subs, but completely changing the result of the recipes. It seems now that adornements have been added as a partial effort to put some of the old way back into the game. I would rather have seen the sub combines and nicer results make a comeback though. maybe put the old recipes back into the game, next to the new recipes. Use the old slower recipes for one kind of result, and the newer faster recipes for another result.[/p][p] [/p][p]With the new adornment system, leveling up as a transmuter eats game coin, or lots and lots of time, without an army of people to gather treasured items to transmute, or lots of cash to buy those items. i made a character just for gathering items to transmute, and since release of EoF am only at 115. On top of that, once you hit tier 3, you can't continue to progress, without making mostly useless weapon adornments. Who would trade the non legendary adornements for imbued weapons? not many. Still, you're not even assured a bump in skill when you make something, it's just random. It doesn't have anything to do with figuring out the system, learning to counter the right event... or anything... it's just random and pointlessly ( in my opinon ) difficult to obtain. I enjoy hard puzzles, but i don't like puzzles when i'm not given the pieces to put it together. At least give me the pieces of the puzzle to work with, or tell me where i can find them, but don't put a 500 piece puzzle on the table, but only give me one or two pieces a day.. when you feel like it.[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Just like regular tradeskills, the regular stuff you grind up on is basicly vendor trash. There's a small market (ie, I've sold some on the broker) but not big enough for me to run the stats on it and keep stuff stocked. The missing peices of the puzzle (I think): You can skillup on any level recipe. Even grey ones. Mastercrafted transmutes like Treasured, except Adept 3's, which transmute as Legendary. If you just started a new toon to farm transmutables, level lock them and keep them on the Isle.
  3. ARCHIVED-TheresaN Guest

[p]It also looks like imbued weapons will take adornments after the next game update, at least as of the last time I read the current test notes.[/p][p]That addresses one of your other points as well.[/p][p] [/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

Grinding up making trash is a problem with regular tradeskills, but it is even worse with transmuting. With regular tradeskills you can see the progress you are making, even if it is only 1% of a level from a combine. With transmuting it seems that the skill, and some of the dedication have been replaced by luck. I know it is close to the system used for harvesting skills, but those can rapidly be increased at no cost other than time.