Stupid noob with questions

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Moghedan_Carns, Jun 7, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Moghedan_Carns Guest

Thus far, I have made it to 26. I am a froglok, please do not shun me.

Obviously, I know how to use Ice Spike and Dark Distortion, Negative Absolution, Freeze, and Frozen Manacles. I am working on adept 3s for these awesome spells. Tongue Twist is also on that hotbar. Nice spell, but seems a bit slow for what I need it to be.

I forget the name, but there is a Noxious resist debuff spell. I have adept 1. Dark Distortion does nto seem affected by this debuff... the damage range is effectively the same. I know resists are only mitigation, not avoidance, so it does not make the spells resist fully less. Is this a line that begins weak early and gets better, or a useless line? Also, it give me nil crystals... what do I do with them?

Venemous Rune and Accord I also know how to use, but elect to not... I took a dirge to 50, I am no one's buffbitch any longer The spell could make them immune to damage for 15 minutes, they could get someone else to cast it.

Suffocating Breathe and Suffocating Cloud. Adept 1... They say the stifle... but I have been unable to see a single time they have put an icon in my bar, nor seen an interupt at the end of the spell. DO these spells work? Am I using them correctly by just casting them on the mobs? Or are they just overpriced, underpowered nukes?

DOTs.... I have a bunch. The are also resist debuffs... freezing whorl makes Ice spike a bit better. The others debuff things that do not seem to affect me. Still, Ice SPike is not quite the main nuke that it once was... now more of a fast last hit if I need it... a 24 second debuff seems less valuable.

My question is, as a bard, you had to keep up a lot of broken speels to advance HOs. 4 Hotbars worth. I think I could get my entire used spells on one hotbar with this warlock, and HOs are bad... they seem to cause me aggro more than anything useful. DO I need to keep these spells for a certain situation, or can I toss them as rather pointless?

DO I need to keep anything more than Ice SPike, Distortions, Absolutions, stun, and root? Oh yeah, the Nox debuff and the stife.
  2. ARCHIVED-Brielan Guest

hate to tell you this, but i dont think anyone has an answer, hehe, i dont either..
    Jacques
  3. ARCHIVED-seudainx Guest

I run with two hotbars. Sometimes I switch a spell in and out for another.

You've got your standard nuke line:

ice flame/distortion/bss/bolt- ae affect absolution so 5 there

add a few for stuns and debuffs I use 5 slots for those

3 for root. manacles, fear/cower, bony grasp

a few misc for yell to fix broken combat issues/invis/one dot

I dont include everlasting buffs on hotbar, just recast from book when i die. I do keep 2 though for tank, the ones that last 10mins

Thats about all the must haves for me. Everything else is fluff or depending on a fight. I really only use stifles on big fights where it matters (along with deter) Everyone's play style is different, you might prefer to have 5 hotbars open, whatever works for you.