Stun, Stifle, and Daze

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Flanikz, Apr 4, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Flanikz Guest

[p] [/p][p]Recently, ive been very discontent with the monk class, its always been my favorite since EQ1.[/p][p]But when a a specific class is more or less the only useless class on a raid, its a problem.[/p][p]Altho i can parse 1k-1100 on raid with self buffs only, and 1200-2k depending on buffs, im not considered a DPS class by most raids groups.[/p][p]Our group buffs are sparse, and many say that a bruiser has more to offer, personally i disagree with that but thats not what this is about.[/p][p] In EQ1 monks pulled mobs because pathing was different, mobs hung around and slowly went back to their spawn points so they could be split.[/p][p]With the system in EQ2, this is not the way its done, mobs are set up to reset to their spawn points right away, they can be split however, by haveing the mt hit one target and the FDing the rest off, but i dont recall any raid zones in which this tactic is used.[/p][p]The simple way to fix this is to make our stuns, stifles, and dazes effect epic targets.[/p][p]1/3rd of a monks attacks include one of the above, yet NONE of them will effect an epic mob.[/p][p]Is it just me or does this seem strange?[/p][p]Make our CA's work on epic mobs and we might have a chance at getting in a raid, as more than sub par dps thats friends with someone.[/p][p] [/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Duave Guest

There's a big thread about how monks suck. We all agree with ya, but we want better fixes than this.
  3. ARCHIVED-DynamicPerformance Guest

I belive the consensus of the thread is that we do NOT all agree. And I have too words for the OP: Trivialized Content. I can keep a heroic mob from hitting me for 30 seconds. Imagine how overpowering that could be on an epic? Our attacks do work on heroics. And many of the mobs grouped with named epics are in fact heroics.