Stuck in Moors, can't move forward

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-AinaFV, Aug 18, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-AinaFV Guest

One of my crafters need Ship Out to get Mara dailies so I send her to Moors to get the quest and run it...except I'm stuck on the big first island.
    Just run to the cannon and get flown off right? Wrong, cannon isn't working.
    Just run to the balloon ride and...no, wait, that's not on the island, it's over yonder on the mainland.
    Ok well, let's try jumping off the edge and floating over, right? Wrong, this crafter doesn't have her floatie cloak yet and she falls to her death.
    Revive on the mainland, right? Wrong, puts me right back on the first island with no way off into Moors.
    Ok, fine, hate using Call of the Veteran for such a piddly problem but it looks like I've no choice. So, CoV away and....bugs out, can't use CoV when on a "bridge".
    Too young in adventure levels to have a Call of Tinker item, so W-T-H?
    Just how AM I supposed to get across that gap?
  2. ARCHIVED-Lizabethan Guest

Usually, the trick to that gap is to dismount before you try the cannon. You can always have a friend stand on the other side and call you, too. ;)
  3. ARCHIVED-Mofense Guest

AinaFV wrote:
    What Lizabethan says is true you have to dismount before using the cannon. If you have not done the quest A cannon to sail by you will not be able to use it. What you can also try doing is using your leaper mount which is what I did to get to the other side you might fall if you miss the jump but at least you will not die from falling damage. If you should fall swim to land and use the second ballon mount there are two one takes you back to dropship landing the other to other parts of moors. I hope this helps. I tested this as a 55 adventurer 85 crafter and surely I can't use the cannon until that said quest was completed.
  4. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

5. ARCHIVED-JanEQ Guest

FYI ... There is a sub-quest on the first island in Moors that needs to be accepted in order to get the cannons to work.
  6. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

Definitely dismount and do the subquest to be able to use the cannon for future adventuring. But also in case you missed it, the npc that gives you Ship Out will also port you to firmoot directly.
  7. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

I've always done the subquest from the female Gnome in the middle, never dismounted, used the canon okay over and back.
    Did you do that? I think her name is Ember...but she's the one in the middle of the docking island with a group of NPCs around her.
  8. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

Pheep@Unrest wrote:
    Yes, if you are on a ground mount there are no issues with the cannon. On a flying mount however, you click on cannon and it just gets stuck right at the edge (at least for me).
  9. ARCHIVED-Graymug Guest

10. ARCHIVED-AinaFV Guest

If I had had a flying mount, I'd have flown over and ignored the cannons to start with. And yes, I did try dismounting my snow wolf to see if that was the issue, it wasn't. What I didn't try in retrospect was standing on top of the cannon plating before clicking, I was just near the cannon standing on rock.
    As for the cannon quest, A Cannon To Sail By, that quest is picked up on the "other side" only.
    After much exasperation, I went back to the world globe, zoned to Mara, and picked up a port stone for the Mara daily (set me down at the Overlook).
    Still shouldn't have had that much trouble getting across....and I never knew the Ship Out quest NPC gave a free port to Firmroot either, ugh, that'd have saved me so much grief.
    Thanks all for the replies, if I come across this issue with my next crafter, I will definitely follow your advice and save myself the purchase price of a port stone.
  11. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

AinaFV wrote:
    No, the quest (A Cannon To Sail By) is picked up, then you have to go to the other side.
    Speak with Ember Tizzlespring (1738, 451, 857), in the Dropship Landing area of Moors of Ykesha.