Stuck In Combat

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Krizani, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Krizani Active Member

Okay, this is potentially a stupid question, but I'm not able to figure it out with forum searches, internet searches, etc.
    I am getting stuck in combat with HOs. I'm fighting the mirror boss in BoZ with my necro and I get to a point where I get a message that I can't start an HO with the spell icon blinking, so I'm not able to finish the previous HO even when I cast the blinking spell.
    I tried this on trash mobs and when it happens I'm stuck in combat and have to zone get out of combat.
    Obviously I've not used HOs much since the game launch - I'd also be happy to find a tutorial if someone knows of one - though I've searched Youtube and watched one there which didn't help much.
    TIA!
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Sweety D Well-Known Member

This happens to me a lot! For me, it's not related to HO's. I just get stuck in combat randomly. I either have to zone or re-log to fix it. This has been happening since November 8, 2004, and that's not a joke, so I would not expect a fix anytime soon.
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Gematria Active Member

The encounter you have targeted when you initiate the HO is the target you must have when you cast something to finish or advance the HO.

So on that particular fight, make sure you target the named (not the hand) and initiate the HO and finish the HO while you have him targeted. Repeat each time the named tries to get out of the mirror.
    Twyla likes this.