Stuck between Druid / Defiler

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Shalka, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Shalka New Member

i want a healer, I cant decide between Warden / fury / defiler atm! i will get his 2.0 epic, and i want to be able to solo heal without any issues. dmg is always a + any thoughts on which one?
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Defiler will have the easiest time of it. They have powerful wards (can keep the group double warded, plus pt wards) and a few tricks to help manage bleedthrough. A defiler WILL struggle on a heavy cure fight or if the bleedthrough gets vicious.
    Any fight where people aren't getting one shot, druids can do wonders plus they're strong in the cure department. if people are undergeared and/or the damage spikes above hitpoint pools, druids WILL lose toons, however.
  3. Svenone Well-Known Member

I know that a competent fury can solo heal heroic groups, but since they lack in the wards department they will loose people when the damage spikes. A defiler can prevent the damage from ever happening (or most of it, at least), a fury heals the damage after it happens so can do nothing for one-shot spikes (and their rezzes are not the best, either, with most having rez effects and none healing the rezee to 100% afair).
  4. Shalka New Member

So Defiler / warden are in my running.. i like the epic looks of warden / hots seem like they would be good / there small proc ward is decent.. how does a warden / defiler match up in the dps department? are they very similar?
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Wardens tend to bring more dps to the table then defilers and wardens bring some of the best healer given group dps buffage (for the moment at least).
    Wardens need to be melee to get max dps (and max healing) where defilers can stay a bit futher back (but not too far or their AoEs don't hit) without losing as much dps. (defiler healing isn't affected by melee). So you might want to take that into consideration as well.
  6. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Wardens are probably the second-worse solo healing class (after inquis) if you raid. I would suggest Defiler if you want to have an easy time of it, Fury if you want to solo heal in raid and do dps and warden if you want to be a good utility/second heals.

That said, all priests can solo heal heroics, just Defilers, Mystics and Templars have an easier time.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Wardens bring dps to the table in raids too, not just utility =P
  8. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Yeah, they just can't really do dps if solo healing.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

Actually, they have to... If a warden isn't smacking the mobs around, they're not getting maximal healing and DR....
  10. Clintsat Well-Known Member

I see your point but there is a big difference between doing dps and just procing SoD. Generally, a warden has to focus more on Clearwater to solo heal folks in raid, at least at higher tiers.