Struggling with Gut (new Sin ability)

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Warsteiner, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Warsteiner Member

I'm trying to figure out how to work Gut into my rotation. Eviscerate was always in both my short and long FFU chains. Now with that being replaced with Gut with a really long cast time and recast time, it just doesn't fit and not sure the impact on FFU damage. Is it better to just shorten the short FFU chain and only cast Gut at the beginning of the long chain?

Any expert assassins out there that can share how you are using the new ability?

Thanks in advance
  2. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Honestly it doesn't fit into any of my rotations. This was a poorly thought out ability for a class that relies heavily on fast cast spells and rotations. The spell is essentially worthless. It would be far better to decrease the damage and the cast / recast times by 75% than to leave it as is.
  3. Elkana Active Member

I was excited about "Gut". As soon as I possibly could I purchased it and threw it on my hotbar. When it had the same appearance as Evicerate I was a little concerned. When I cast it in combat and seen it took my Evicerate timer down with it, and that it took forever to cast I immediately realized that it was a seething pale of garbage. I tried a few different combos to figure out if I could make it work, but that's a no go. You can use it like an ascension spell, but... it takes a multiplier away from FFU for a while. So that's stupid. It's too long of a cast to rotate into FFU unless you'd start your chain with it. And was too disgusted to test and see if it had any real impact on the FFU multiplier anyways.
    Perhaps it's needless to say, yet I'll say it anyways. "Gut" does not reside on my hotbar anymore. I replaced it with a far more useful empty space.
    I mean, obviously they discussed this with a tried and true assassin before putting it into the game.
    ~ Elkana Li'Santo, 16 year Assassin.
    Mercychalice likes this.
  4. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I couldn't make it work either. I eventually just removed it from my hotbar and put eviscerate back in it's rightful place,
  5. Menoric Member

The only rotation this works on is the LAST FFU rotation on a mob (assuming your not chain pulling trash), otherwise pretty worthless.
    Quillyne likes this.
  6. Sniper Member

I to have taken off hot bars but I think there’s worse things broken atm to worry about this I just cross my fingers and hope one day they will fix it, til then will assassin as usual
  7. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

I gave it a few more weeks since my reply above and thought to give it a fair chance and try it again. Just as others have described, I removed it again from my hotbar and chocked it up to poor design mechanics. I mean at least other classes special ability / spell have some right nice percs, increased ability mod, some fervor, some something else you get the point. The Sin, nope, a worthless spell that no one will use with no benefit to anyone else.
  8. Elkana Active Member

Yeah, I'm not asking for anything to be done about it though. Overall, I'm very happy and satisfied with where the assassin class is right now. Much <3 for the Assassins!
  9. Warsteiner Member

I've done a bit more testing as well and I can't really get it to work either. Gut's damage does seem to be about 50% more than Eviscerate on comparable parses. But there is usually a bigger loss to FFU on those same parses from not utilizing Eviscerate for the additional damage, especially on the shorter chains. All in all, it looks like it's break even at best, but typically a net loss in DPS. It also does not double strike like Eviscerate does due to Dexterous Attacks in Heroic AA line. If it's up near the end of the fight, it might be worth throwing into a chain. Otherwise I don't think it fits well in any rotation I can figure out.
  10. Malahk Active Member

Hi guys, just made a new Sin and boosted him since I'm impatient on leveling. Along the lines of this thread, can anyone toss me a link to learn about Assassin casting rotation or FFU chains? At least I've learned not to bother buying Gut here, thank you for that.
  11. Lothelas New Member

Easy fix here. Don't have the ability share the recast timer with Eviscerate. solved.
  12. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Invis and cast while mob is approaching, nobody will ever know you didn't use the main assist :)
  13. Elkana Active Member

/T Skyfire.Elkana
    We can talk in game.