Streaming launcher question : my characters windows

Discussion in 'Connection Support' started by ARCHIVED-Picpus, Feb 16, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Short of logging in to the incorrect account, I cannot find a reason why you are showing a blank screen. I've logged in to most of your accounts and saw all of your characters.
    Go ahead and contact our support staff directly so we can do a bit more investigation in to your configuration.
    [EQII] Contacting Tech Support
  2. ARCHIVED-Kirianna1 Guest

I recently switched to the new launcher and all I get is "New Character" under the "My Characters" section as well. It works in the old launcher. I've deleted the files suggested here and it still doesn't work.
    I know I'm logging into the right account. :) Any other suggestions to try?
  3. ARCHIVED-Phaedrella Guest

As of this morning LaunchPad (Launcher 3) is no longer even populating my EverQuest II directory with the <accountname>_characters.ini. The "My Characters" window continues to show only "New Character." There is nothing to suggest that this is not a server-side issue.
  4. ARCHIVED-Phaedrella Guest

Is anybody working on this? I've tried to obtain an answer by contacting customer service directly, but nobody there can read English. They can't seem to understand that my character is missing only from the Launcher 3 screen, not in-game.
  5. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Haven't been able to re-produce this issue at all, trying different ways and am still in the process.
    You are launching the LP3 as an admin, correct?
  6. ARCHIVED-Phaedrella Guest

TSR-JoshuaM wrote:
    Yes, always as an administrator, and I consider myself an advanced user. Please pardon the crack about not understanding English, by the way. This has been more frustrating than most bugs associated with the game.
  7. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Can you send me the contents of your LaunchPad.ini and log?
  8. ARCHIVED-jester0770 Guest

I run LP3 as admin, I have deleted all the files you specified. AND THE ANSWER IS....still doesn't show character on LP3. Not sure why you can't get it to do what we are all having problems with what would you like me to PM you so that I can figure out why it doesn't work.
  9. ARCHIVED-jester0770 Guest

I run LP3 as admin, I have deleted all the files you specified. AND THE ANSWER IS....still doesn't show character on LP3. Not sure why you can't get it to do what we are all having problems with what would you like me to PM you so that I can figure out why it doesn't work.
  10. ARCHIVED-Phaedrella Guest

If no solution to this problem is forthcoming, could you at least tell us how to force Launcher 3 to remember username and password at the initial log-in window? "Remember password on this computer" seems to suffer from amnesia once the computer is powered down and then rebooted. Add to this the fact that EU players have to manually add a line to their eq.ini files right now to download important shader assets and that makes three (!) critical issues plaguing Launcher 3 since last month.
  11. ARCHIVED-DanKinney Guest

Sorry that I'm late to this thread...
    LaunchPad 3 does not populate the characters from the _characters.ini file. It retrieves the characters from a server.
    If your "remember me" is not working right, it might be time to reset the cache of your settings (the "Clear Now" button on the "Options" screen).
    What are you adding to your .ini file. That seems like a major problem.
    -dan
  12. ARCHIVED-PsiberDaemon Guest

I have also had this problem, I always assumed that it was a "future release" thing... I have deleted the files and folders specified, I do run as Administrator, but my EQ2 installed itself to
    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II
    This was chosen for me at the time of installation, and knowing how cagey some programs can get when you put them in different paths, I let it go with that one.
    Any ideas? It'd be neat if I could just select my character from that screen. I have 2 accounts running, both have exactly the same situation (and have deleted the character data file on both and let it re-download).
  13. ARCHIVED-Wyndaar Guest

Same issue here as well, deleted stuff, counted to 10, prayed a little, sacrificed some dark chocolate, watched some inspirational lawn ornaments, grilled my droid voice activated search, all the usuals to no avail. Ill keep an eye on this thread though.
  14. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

As DanKinney stated, the LaunchPad pulls this data directly from the server. There isn't an issue to troubleshoot on the user PC side. I will update this thread with more information when it becomes available.
  15. ARCHIVED-jester0770 Guest

Not sure if it matters but I do know when I was installing it, it asked for a code or something like that. I wasn't told about that on the forum where I got the link so I just cancelled it and it installed without that. Not sure if maybe that would mess up it's communication with the server, but figured the more info you had the better.
  16. ARCHIVED-Phaedrella Guest

DanKinney wrote:
    cl_resource_address http://eq2.patch.station.sony.com/p...q2/assets/live/
    Had to fish around in a German forum to get the game started after a fresh installation.
    Please, and I say this very respectfully, stop telling me (us) to clear caches, uninstall, reinstall, delete, move around, jostle, shake, simmer, or stir. I've (we've) taken all of these steps already. Launcher 3 is malfunctioning, and the issue is server-side.
  17. ARCHIVED-Kirianna1 Guest

I'm just wondering if there's going to be a fix for this?
  18. ARCHIVED-Bojangles207 Guest

I also have the Streaming launcher, but I've never seen a My Characters, or character list of any kind on the loading screen. There is a box under the green "Play" button that says "Game Information," but as far as I remember since redownloading (and thereby getting the streamer) back in December, it has been blank. Am I supposed to see a character list of some sort on the first screen? Having one on the first screen that would take me directly to a charcter in-game (as the old launcher does) would be wonderful! :D
    Also, frequently when I hit play to go to the character select screen, I have to download.. sometimes not much.. 3 or 4 MB, but sometimes 20+ MB's. For most people that takes a matter of seconds or minutes. Not for slow internet :( Is it normal for me to have a chunk to download before the between hitting play and getting to the character select menu?
    Just one more question.. Is there an Update Notes section on this launcher that I'm overlooking? That was another very convenient feature on the old launcher that I miss!
    Thanks for any help!
  19. ARCHIVED-Zorbac Guest

DanKinney wrote:
    Still not working...oddly enough the old way the station launcher did it was fine..Please fix the new and "improved" launcher...thank you
  20. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Zorbac wrote:
    We are aware of the issue itself and doing what we can to identify and eliminate the cause of the problem. It isn't a quick and easy fix because the behavior is not reproducable. It works for some but not all. So it just takes a bit more time to eliminate the variables and find the absolute culprit if that makes any sense. It doesn't work for me at home on my PC but it works just fine for my 2 roommates as a real example.