Strange results in ACT parser.

Discussion in 'Illusionist' started by ARCHIVED-scl, Feb 21, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-scl Guest

Is anyone finding old spell names being displayed in ACT? It's not a problem with ACT specifically, since the old spell names are being recorded to the log by EQ2, but you wouldn't notice unless you look at a parser. Anyway, to be more specific I was checking my zone-wide damage of some instance run to aid my decision in upgrading certain spells when I noticed Phantasmal Shock was my 3rd highest damage spell. Problem is, that spell is level 1. First I thought it was just my latest spell in that line and maybe the devs hadn't changed how it's outputted to the log, but then I noticed that the new version of the spell was there too at number 1. That means that it's either a display bug and it's outputting different versions of the spell name in the log randomly or there is some kind of other bug afoot here thats cause the numbers to add up incorrectly. The average hit of Phantasmal Shock is also considerably lower than the proper version, but no where near low enough to be the level 1 spell of the same name. I'm guessing that it's calling my lowest hits Phantasmal Shock, whilst retaining the correct name for normal hits. At least thats what the numbers suggest. I've noticed it's also happening with the headache line. Is this just a display bug and should I just lump them in with the damage of the actual spell or should I just not trust my parses because they're not adding up? Thanks.
  2. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

Your pet uses the first version of each spell as the name.
  3. ARCHIVED-scl Guest

Heh, thats embarrassing. Thanks anyway, Pinski.
  4. ARCHIVED-ElephantonRU Guest

The damaged is scaled with the pet level though
  5. ARCHIVED-Zebsen Guest

[p]If you name your pet the same as you, ACT can't tell the difference. If you name it something else, it will come up with it's own parse.[/p][p]I used to look at some of the high damage parses from some of the illusionists that posted their raid parses here and couldn't figure out why in the heck they were casting level 1-10 spells. Then I made the connection. Although you can elevate your parse this way on non-AoE raid mobs, I can't imagine it being higher DPS than haste/synergism. It does make an illusionist look good though :).[/p][p] [/p]