Strange Reforging Stats

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ARCHIVED-Sinaya, May 20, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Sinaya Guest

So, I poke around on EQ2u sometimes and check out other peoples' gear and AA to compare my own setups, and I came across some weird numbers showing up on some reforged gear:

[IMG]

Notice how the Casting Speed number has increased instead of decreased? It's also giving just 1 extra HP as the conversion.

[IMG]

This one is really bizarre. Neither AE Auto or Riposte Damage appear as base stats on this item, and there doesn't seem to be any apparent reduction of another stat.

[IMG]

Multi Attack being reforged into... more Multi Attack? That strange 1 Health issue again.
    Does anyone know what's going on with this? I suppose it could be some sort of bug on EQ2wire's end, but it seems sort of strange. A friend of mine suggested that the numbers might be due to Plane of War gear changing or having new stats / slots added, but it still seems sort of unusual how these numbers are showing up.
  2. ARCHIVED-Hennyo Guest

Oh, you found the blatant cheater gear that certain guilds were allowed to keep, and I know 100 percent that the devs have known about this since they made the changes, and have refused to comment on it, or fix it for that matter. What you are seeing is NOT an EQ2U bug.
  3. ARCHIVED-erratic Guest

It's unfortunate SOE is aware of it and does nothing.
  4. ARCHIVED-Novusod Guest

I have been playing eq2 for quite a while and never have a seen this level blatent exploiting of mecanics being tolerated for so long. Really frustrating to see cheaters being allowed to prosper.
  5. ARCHIVED-Listad12 Guest

counting down for your reply soe..........
  6. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Skylan Guest

I spit my tea everywhere, Feldon!
  8. ARCHIVED-Anastasie Guest

I can't see Feldon's pic =(
    Each time they have altered the PoW loot it hasn't accounted for reforged stats and those who have been farming this gear for months now will have extremely overpowered gear for expansions to come unless these are fixed. Stats that normally are nowhere near capped, are easily capped with this gear. Granted, these broken reforged stats highly favor melee players since reforging for casters pretty much sucks.
  9. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Anastasie wrote:
    Colonel Klink Sargeant Schultz from Hogan's Heroes saying "I know nothing!"
  10. ARCHIVED-Plaguemeister Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Thats actually Sgt. Shultz:) The Colonel was at least 6 inches taller, 120 lbs lighter, 15-20 years older, and wore a monocle.
    I know this because where/when I grew up (yet to be debated) this show came on daily after Scooby Doo and right before Black Sheep Squadron which was followed by Magnum PI.
  11. ARCHIVED-Listad12 Guest

bump....still waiting from a soe dev reply.
  12. ARCHIVED-Errror Guest

This gear is PoW gear, that was reforged pre-nerf.
    SoE released the gear as it was, people killed the mobs and got the drops. SoE decided to come along and nerf all the gear, and patched it on Test first. People worked out that reforged stats werent effected by the nerf.
    This is not the players fault in any way shape or form, if SoE had got the gear right in the first place (See the PoW loot thread, or the fact PoW was closed for months after 'release'), then it wouldn't be an issue.
    There are much bigger issues in the game, than perhaps 0.001% of the population who have some of this gear and reforged it.
    If you wish to call it an exploit, try looking back at others things that were never fixed. SoH necklace, Byzola Ear etc etc.
  13. ARCHIVED-DamselInDistress Guest

TBH this is an exploit and should be fixed.
  14. ARCHIVED-Ragnaphore Guest

SoH neck was fixed a long time ago and is now a clicky rather than a "when worn" item, just saying ;)
    And yes, buging Ill Will/original SoH neck or dual-wielding a 2H weapon were/are exploits.
    That said, the reforging oddities are clearly a bug and not an exploit and will potentialy affect every future nerfed/boosted items, not just pre-nerf PoW.
  15. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Errrorr@Splitpaw wrote:
    While the bolded part is true, every kill that is obtained with this gear is tainted.
    People worked out that reforged stats werent effected by the nerf. = People figured out that they could exploit the fact that reforged stats were not affected by the nerf.
    We are not talking about the SoH necklace, Byzola ear or muting gear on the BG's here, so quit making excuses for the people that are exploiting this bug. I'm pretty sure if they go back to the reforging NPC and restore that gear it would make the gear proper, if not then /petition could take care of it. Instead some are apparently continuing to use it, and they have people like yourself that are rushing here to defend them placing the blame elsewhere.
  16. ARCHIVED-Skylan Guest

Drunder and PoW have been broken for half a year now. Frankly if they don't like me having these reforged stats, I'm unconcerned. I make no apologies for using SOE's idiocy against them when they have blatantly ignored my playstyle for this long.
    Screw'em.
  17. ARCHIVED-Sinaya Guest

Errrorr@Splitpaw wrote:
    Yes, because 500 HP for a Concentration Slot and 25 AE Auto on a single armor piece are essentially the same thing.
  18. ARCHIVED-Sinaya Guest

Errrorr@Splitpaw wrote:
    Whether 0.001% of the population or 100% of the population has the gear is kind of a moot point. The fact of the matter is that the reforged stats are a mistake that should be corrected. As it stands now, they are providing an unfair advantage.
    Do players have the option to restore the reforged gear? Probably. Should they? I guess that's entirely up to them. I think that the most simple solution would be for a global restore to be placed upon all Plane of War loot, forcing players who have gathered the items to have to reforge their gear again whether they have the bugged-out stats or not.
    While it may not be fair to people who haven't or aren't utilizing the anamolous gear, I'm not sure how it could be addressed otherwise. Yes, there would be a platinum expense, but for high-tier raiders who are acquiring Plane of War gear, I imagine it would probably be neglible. (We are talking about the top 0.001% of the population in terms of progression, after all)
    I seem to remember a handful of accounts being suspended for getting flying mounts a few days early at the beginning of Destiny of Velious. I also remember the potential exploit having been reported multiple times on the Beta forums before Velious was released. When Velious went live, some individuals chose to utilize the shortcut they'd found to get the discoveries before anyone else could. The consequences for those involved were relatively swift and public.
    Errrorr@Splitpaw wrote:
    Unfortunately having unintended, superpowered gear due to some kind of error is an issue that hasn't been addressed or even recognized as a problem at this point. If it was an accidental thing that occured when the gear was changed - that's one thing. But if players made a conscious effort to check out the changes on Test in order to reforge out of stats that were no longer going to exist on their gear in order to get a boost, (As Errror suggested in the response above) then that seems like an intentional effort to cheat the system to me.
  19. ARCHIVED-DamselInDistress Guest

This should be quite easy to fix for SOE, simply remove all forged stats on all Pow gear and let people reforge again, as the person above me suggested already.
  20. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Skylan wrote:
    So your kills are invalid and you are ok with that, as long as we are on the sam page and you freely admit it then so be it.