Still getting Duplicate of Tier VI crates.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Darwiin, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Darwiin Active Member

I am wearing the same cloak I just got from a Tier VI lotto box even thought it was suppose to be patched? How do thing like this keep slipping through on Q&A?
    Arclite likes this.
  2. Arclite Well-Known Member

Yes, i am wearing the gloves I just got from the raid box....loot so smart that its getting dumber...
    Dude likes this.
  3. Smashey Well-Known Member

I dont want to be a smart *** here and I do actually believe you because its EQ2, but are you certain they had the same name? I know for a fact there are two plate gloves that has the same icon and almost identical names that at first glance is the exact same name and stats.
  4. Darwiin Active Member

Yes they all have the same starting name and are identicle. \aITEM 1653420583 -1112775355 0 0 0:[Shifting Future Tempest Cloak]\/a
    Smashey likes this.
  5. Bentenn Well-Known Member

I told my guild to hold off on buying anymore because my guess is, it's only flagged starting today. Stuff you got before was probably not flagged (probably oversight), but still. We won't tell if it's truely broken until after the first few days or the first 18 hours if you pop the same thing back to back in the crates.
  6. Melkior Well-Known Member

Eh? The code is supposed to check your equipment and inventory and not provide a duplicate, not track the lotto box reward specifically. My thought for how it would go was:Step 1) Search equipment, and remove possessed items from the loot table. Step 2) Check inventory and remove possessed items from the loot table. Step 3) Roll RNG and provide loot item. How does waiting 18 hours change the fact that it is broken?

Or did you have a different idea in mind for how they'd implement?
  7. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Oh you're not wrong in how you described it, and I'm sure it's supposed to be that way. I'm going to say though, that I bet it flags you from opening the crate (after the update) and identifies that piece of gear in your bags. It is probably an oversight ( a big one at that, but never a first for them) and maybe it will get fixed, but I doubt it. We will truely know over the next few days if it is working correctly. So the first peice of gear that you just got yesterday, in 18 hrs and from here on out, you should never get again unless you delete it. That's how waiting 18 hrs will know. You'll get your second crate, but even then you won't really know, especially if you have a lot of pieces on already.
    Melkior likes this.
  8. Melkior Well-Known Member

Oh, I see what you mean now. It never occurred to me to use a persistent data array to track that. Thanks!
  9. Drona Well-Known Member

If there are 10 items in a crates, then it will take 1000 currency to get all the 10 with smart loot. This means, in 5 weeks (assuming 200 coins per week) you will have all the items.

This begs the question, why do we even need the silly smart loot system in the first? Why not just let us buy loot directly for 100 currency per item. The net effect is, we will have all the 10 items in 5 weeks.
  10. Perciful Active Member

This is the most logical post I have seen in a loooong time!
    Kenway likes this.