Still EQ worth of play?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Arthorios, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Arthorios New Member

Hello guys,

I always heard good things about this game, never had a chance to really play , and i´m looking for a new game now ( playing Aion on last months ) with some nice features ( player housing / good craft / quests ) , some of my old friends told to try LOTRO, and i Did , but the game is so restricted unless you buy all four expansions and pay a sub. I already saw the EQ2 F2P FAQ and the things here looks fair, i mean in LOTRO even if you buy all expansions you Must pay for every new Region/quests that you reach.
    So, here my two questions:
    1 - If i buy the " Age of Discovery " expansion ( to use mercenary and BL class ) will i have access to major features of the game in F2P mode ?
    2 - If i pay just One month of sub , will i Keep VIP features when my account dowgrade ?

Thanks
  2. Skwor Active Member

1. Yes
    2. No if I understand what you mean by VIP features. You won't be able to equip legendary or fabled gear nor use master level spells. However you can buy unlockers and those items will remain unlocked forever then.

3. EQ2 FTP is the most forgiving F2P of all the MMO's. you get access to ALL content level 90 and below all banking features and inventory. No coin restrictions. Add silver and there is no need for a gold membership unless you want to raid or focus exclusively on level 92-95 content. Even then you can do both on silver with unlockers instead of going gold. learn to make plat and you can do it for less than a gold membership.
    Arthorios likes this.
  3. Arthorios New Member

Thanks for fast answer man , the game looks awesome and i think that it´s better keep sub money for unlock something.
    Already downloading the game, hope c u ingame.
  4. guard Active Member

when your sub drops back down to f2p you keep master ability's. also you can play this game to level 90 as a silver user without any problem's (its worth paying the one of charge of 5 dollars ) as you level handcrafted equipment or master crafted is more than good enough to get you all the way to 95 although once you start doing coe content you will get level 92-93 legendry rewards for most quests solo dungeon's etc.