Still Disconnecting

Discussion in 'Connection Support' started by ARCHIVED-Hordicant, Jun 9, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Perma-Frizzel Guest

@TSR-TrevorG - I tried that last night I had the girlfriend on the switch, and my self plugged right into another port on the netgear and it still failed.
  2. ARCHIVED-Hordicant Guest

*update*

Once again, I logged onto my new rat brigand, played him for over 2 hours now zero lag, zero issues. Chaged zones once to go into Neriak, punted straight to character select after loading neriak.

This crap is making no sense.
    Anyone at all have any friggin ideas?

@TSR-TrevorG, you and daniel both have my station name, please log in and do everything in your power to cause the issue. It doesn't make sense. Always happens when I load a large city zone or leave a newbie area. What is being sent to my PC to cause it to dump me to character select and then keep doing ti till I restart my PC?

I really, really wanna play this game cause I'm VERY excited about all the changes and wanna see everything but if we can't fix this, there's no way I'm paying for the game when my free time is up. :-(

Thanks again for all the help so far.
  3. ARCHIVED-Hordicant Guest

*update*
    Played my brigand for quite a bit, managed to run around Neriak and start, turn in and gather items for some quests. After about 45 minutes to and hour I got booted to Character Select again. Everytime I try to log back in it goes straight to character select. have not rebooted system yet.
    Fiance playing on the same connection as me, going to have her run through a few zones see if she gets the same boot to character select.
  4. ARCHIVED-TSR-TrevorG Guest

Leave Neriak and try out commonlands. I have noticed more memory related issues in Neriak then anything else. In fact, try typing this into your chat window

/force_low_mem_mode 1

if it does work, type in the same thing and then change the 1 to a 0.
  5. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

TSR-TrevorG wrote:
    I think he means if it doesn't work, then type in the same thing.... *giggles*

Long day Trevor?
  6. ARCHIVED-Hordicant Guest

No dice, I can't get into my character to move him out of Neriak tonight for some reason and my fiance has been playing the entire time with no problems what so ever. So, its not our connection, its not my PC because I can run her account on my computer with no problem.
    I have no friggin clue what could be causing this. Is there ANY possible way to monitor an account real time?
    This is so terribly frustrating. Thanks again for continueing to work with me Trevor.
  7. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

I remember an issue from another MMO that I played... If 2 people on the same connection were logged in at the same time, one would be not a very good connection. I believe the fix for it would be to set up a different IP addy for the other PC. I will see if I can locate it..

It seems to me that the second computer to sign in has the issues correct? If you log in alone all day, can you play without issues?
  8. ARCHIVED-Hordicant Guest

Nope, still have the issues during the day. Just not as bad. This is one of the most confounding and wierdest bugs I have ever run across. I am almost to the point of formatting my hard drive and reinstalling EVERYTHING! hehe
  9. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

Did you try to put thi thing into DMZ mode?
  10. ARCHIVED-Hordicant Guest

11. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

Put your router outside of the firewall, open up the ports from what I know.......

Just to be sure that it is not a connection type issue...

DMZ

It was just something that I remembered my husband doing way back when I had Connection issues...
  12. ARCHIVED-Hordicant Guest

*update*

OK, after a massively extensive test last night I created a new character for EVERY starting zone in the game, starting with Qeynos, I ran around, zoned him into every part of Qeynos plus some, took him into his housing and got things set up. Did everything is could to casue the fail.
    Logged on an evil character and ran her from darklight to commonlands, into wailing caves and ran around, died 5 times to try and force fail, then called back to darklight. Nothing crashed her.
    Took a character into freeport, crashed on loading Scale Yard and when I tried to get back in same problem, reset computer was able to log in the character but he got perma stuck in his housing, I cannot get him in or out of it.
    After testing all areas I attempted to log into my character stuck in neriak with no success.
    After all of this I am of the belief I have a corrupt neriak file as well as a corrupt housing file for Freeport, what files do I need to remove and then re-download?

Thanks,
  13. ARCHIVED-Hordicant Guest

*update*
    I completely deleted any and all files in my EQ2 directory dealing with Neriak or North Freeport, nothing changed, still get booted to character select if I attempt to log into neriak or freeport housing.
  14. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

Hmmm... That is odd, but at least you are still trying! Can anyone else test out your account on a different PC? Maybe a friends house? If it has those issues, then we know it is the account.

Perhaps you were just not meant to be truly evil *wink*
  15. ARCHIVED-Hordicant Guest

*update*

It does not matter what computer I run account on I get the problem. if there is any attempt to log in the 2 characters that cause this problem I get dumped back to character select and unless I reboot the computer I cannot log in any other characters. I've tried it on my fiance's computer, and my brother's computer and all with the same affect. They dump to character select and then they can't log in any characters on ANY accounts afterwards until they reboot the computer.
    Now, if I log in any characters besides the 2 in question I have no problems and can run, jump skip and play my way till my eyes bleed, so what is it about these two characters that's causing this.
    Facts about the characters.
    Both are evil races, both are in the slots where 2 of my former characters that I had to reclass were. Both get booted to character select and then it causes the same problem for all of my characters.
    Another thing to note, is that my brother, who had to reclass two of his old characters gets the exact same issue if he attampts to log them in. Thankfully none of the origianly characters was over level 15 so it does not bother us to not play them, ut this is silly. There has to be a connection between the old reclassing slots and this bug.
    TSR has been great at working with me on this but I think I'm reaching the end of their patience, hehe
  16. ARCHIVED-Hordicant Guest

ANother thing of note is that I can run a trial account with zero issues and have a Iksar shadowknight running around neriak like its the end of the world. zonign in and out, running all over, doing tons of quests and turn in, everything and no issue.

A friend came over to try his account out and actually got upset with me because my computer can run the game with higher graphics and speed than his at home and he had no issue bouncing all over the place with his characters, even in and out of neriak and freeport.

All of the signs point to some strange bug with the characters on those two slots on my account. There is something that happened when I reclassed the original characters (because that is when it first started happening) that is now being transferred over to any character I make in those slots. Guess its time to call tech support and phone to phone this problem.
  17. ARCHIVED-Hordicant Guest

Elorah wrote:
    Perhaps you were just not meant to be truly evil *wink*

That is something that my fiance happily pointed out to me also. hehe

The other reason I am diligently trying to figure this out is I have tons of rewards claimed on those characters with collections to be turned in and all my tradeskilling harvestings because I REALLY want to play them. I also REALLY like all the changes to the game I have seen and want to play EQ2 now because of it.