Steam?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by ISey, Jan 9, 2018.

1. ISey New Member

Sorry I am sure this has been covered before but searching for "Steam Powered" had zero results.

I have a bunch of money in my Steam wallet and EQ2 installed independently. I didn't even realize you could get it on Steam!

I'd like to spend some cash here but use the money there instead (who needs new games, right?). Do I need to reinstall in steam? Does it still use my Daybreak information? Is there any limitations or is it literally just an access portal

Having so much fun and don't want to screw anything up =) =)
  2. Carynn Well-Known Member

Steam money won't get you anything in EQ2. You buy separate money called "Daybreak Cash" through the marketplace button on your leveling bar.
  3. Drona Well-Known Member

Steam will get you everything other than expansions since I play and pay via steam.

I installed EQ2 via steam. Then launched the game and it will take you to the launcher and you use the SAME DBG login details. After that you can use steam wallet to pay for all access. You can use steam wallet to pay for DB cash as well and then use that to buy stuff from market place. You CANNOT buy the new expansion using steam wallet, for that you need real money.

Note that the same DBG account works with both steam client of EQ2 and standalone client as well.
    ISey and Meneltel like this.
  4. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Drona, I don't use steam but I am glad to see someone who does helping out another. Always good to see here on the forums!
    ISey and Drona like this.
  5. Drona Well-Known Member

As a returning player, I am getting lot of help from people in the forums so I was glad I could help someone in a small way!

As they say, the pleasure was all mine :)
    ISey likes this.
  6. ISey New Member

Thank you so much! That's what I wanted to make sure, that it wasn't some sort of separate ecosystem =)