Steadfast still bugged after GU58.

Discussion in 'General Priest Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-mafoe, Oct 19, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-mafoe Guest

Steadfast (Steadfast Resolve) is still bugged in that I get randomly interrupted when I am stifled. Last night at XYZ in Underfoot Depths, I couldnt cast while Z's stifle aoe was on me. And I am 100% sure I stood still more than 4s before the aoe hit me.
  2. ARCHIVED-sdaigneault Guest

3. ARCHIVED-EQAditu Guest

As some programming insight if any dev actually wants a better clue on where to look for the bug...
    It's already been stated that Steadfast as a base spell is a 2s duration effect that is recast by the player silently every 2s. This silent recast was easily observable during the period that wearing the TSO earring that raised your level in a specific raid zone would repeatedly cause an error message that the spell could not overwrite itself due to a higher level spell being in effect. It's unknown if moving immediately dispels the effect or causes it to skip a casting round; this is unimportant. Unmodified it was said to have a 50% chance that the effect would include stifle immunity. With eight points in Steadfast Resolve, the buff's duration is increased to 4s and the stifle immunity chance raised to 100%. The silent recast remains every 2s, regardless.
    Explanations of the AA's mechanics out of the way, the bug is that when the silent recast occurs the player will momentarily lose the stifle immunity they had and an already present stifle will cause an in-progress casting to be interrupted. The silent recast which overwrites the effect makes it possible to be unimmune during the near-instant period where one effect falls and the overwriting buff takes over. A problem is that it is not a 100% occurance; it may be attributed to some sort of server latency and controlled solo testing may never show the symptoms.
    An example of a test case would be to have the base AA and all 8 modifier points added; being constantly stifled; and casting spells of various durations. A spell with a casting time of say 5s will cross the silent recast boundary twice; thus under the right conditions have a low chance of completing. A spell of say 1s only has a 50% chance of crossing one silent recast boundary and is much less likely to be interrupted by a stifle effect taking hold momentarily. The fact that various duration spells being cast and the possibility of a non-100% chance of a silent recast overwrite causing the symptoms causes the bug to appear "random", while I believe it has better defined causes.
    As a clarification, I have not heard of anything suggesting that the part of the AA that prevents interrupts by damage(thus causing auto-recast to begin) is malfunctioning. The focus skill appears to take no part in casting for players with Steadfast.
    As a second bug I have however witnessed "random" occurances where an effect on the player that causes an implicit interrupt will cause an interrupt. Having the same interrupt effect applied to myself multiple times during a single raid encounter will sometimes interrupt casting(without auto-recast attempted) and sometimes the same effect will not interrupt casting. I cannot guess at the cause of this nearly as well as the stifle-interrupt mechanic above.
  4. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

What Dev would be the one who has the capacity to fix this bugged ability?

The lack of response/acknowledgement is uninspiring.
  5. ARCHIVED-mafoe Guest

Fix Steadfast in '10!
  6. ARCHIVED-EQPrime Guest

I think they should hire Aditu for a couple of months to fix all the broken stuff.
  7. ARCHIVED-Somatic Guest

8. ARCHIVED-Jerana Guest

Still bugged. Please fix! Pretty please?
  9. ARCHIVED-Calain80 Guest

Did someone test the fix that is currently on test? I didn't have time yet.
  10. ARCHIVED-Mortac Guest

One would think that fixing broken skills would be #1 priority. Fix this!!
  11. ARCHIVED-ReverendPaqo Guest

Is this still broken? I'm getting interupted quite a bit with my steadfast on, but it's possible it's from knockback or something else like that.
  12. ARCHIVED-Wopac Guest

is it still broken?