Status Coins and Status Tokens

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Evilary, Mar 13, 2024.

1. Evilary Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm confused. These seem like maybe a way the devs were listening about needing status for our alts. They took our status rewards from the quests and gave tokens instead. Honestly seems like we are coming out ahead on the amount of status. As another reported though, these don't give any indication that they give any status to guilds.

So first, why the secrecy. Why weren't these listed as a change in the patch notes. Secondly, is this an intended step to having guild status not gained from these? Third and lastly, why do these say they are affected by server bonuses when it doesn't appear like status bonuses have been done in years?
    GrunEQ and MikeBob2023 like this.
  2. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

Last time I checked, the status rewarded from a quest completion "on the fly" was affected when a double status server event was active. Status awarded from selling a status item is not affected.

I distinctly remember in the past waiting for server double status days to specifically run the three "Cataloguing Vesspyr" quests. They could (can) be purchased from City Merchants for 37mil status, and rewarded 17mil status on completion. With double status active, the 17mil would be doubled to 34mil. So, the loss of 3mil status netted a hefty chunk of guild status from the share of the 34mil, extra hefty if double guild status was also active.

Then one day, I don't remember when, I noticed that completing the quest no longer resulted in an immediate status award. Instead, it rewarded a Cataloguer's Token, which can be sold for 17mil, but said sale was not affected by the server bonus, since it now an item.

I still consider that move by Daybreak to be a semi-sleazy one. Net status to the player was still negative (37mil out, 34mil in), but I guess waiting for one of the few double status days to get some extra guild status was considered too game-breaking.
  3. Ajani New Member

I miss that guild status too. Coins only reward personal status. if you do TS-writs you still get guild status? is this intended?