Station LaunchPad is unable to connect to network at this time, Please try again in a few mins +11hr

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Wolfhart, Nov 13, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Wolfhart Guest

New EQ2 player, well did the trial last month, and played eq from release thru pop. Been away for a few years so figured would come here and see what all had changed, especially since i played iksar and spent many many moons upon kunark.. what with kunark now available for exploration again.. I just couldnt resist. Tried out the trial last month, worked great had a blast. Then i bought a hard copy of RoK.. installed it, updated dirrectx.. then my problem begins...
    Since I finished installing earler today ive been having trouble connecting thru the launchpad to either everquest2 or vanguard. When I try with either program to log in.. It does the Scanning for Updates window, then pops up a Network Error "The Station LaunchPad is unable to connect to the network at this time, Please try again in a few minutes." So far the few minutes has been 11 hours, checking again every 5-10 minutes while sitting here reading a book " width="15" height="15"> So while i am getting caught up on my reading, i am unable however to enter this world i loved so much.

This is a copy of relivant part of the launchpad log file. As a note, i have both my firewalls disabled, not even on startup atm, and have no trouble using the internet on this pc to surf the net, make this post, or fly around in eve, watch a streaming movie from a buddys, or make a new character on shadowbane's test server.
    [20:38:52] Loading internet type
    [20:38:52] Initializing Self-Patcher
    [20:38:52] Patcher: Checking Old Handles...
    [20:38:52] Patcher: Creating Thread...
    [20:38:52] Patcher: Done with Thread Creation Routine...
    [20:38:52] Patcher: Thread Start
    [20:38:52] Patcher: Memory Download Internet Type 1 Begin...
    [20:38:52] Patcher: curl_easy_perform failed (21,7): couldn't connect to host
    [20:38:52] Patcher: DownloadToMemory failed (21) on url=http://patch.station.sony.com:7000/patch/launchpad/launchpad-update.xml.gz
    [20:38:52] Patcher: Memory Download of XML Operation Complete.
    [20:38:52] Patcher: Memory Download Internet Type 1 Unsuccessful.
    [20:38:52] Patcher: Memory Download Internet Type 0 Begin...
    [20:38:52] Patcher: DownloadToMemory failed (21) on url=http://patch.station.sony.com:7000/patch/launchpad/launchpad-update.xml.gz
    [20:38:52] Patcher: Memory Download of XML Operation Complete.
    [20:38:52] Patcher: Memory Download Internet Type 0 Unsuccessful.
    [20:38:52] Patcher: Memory Download Internet Type 2 Begin...
    [20:38:53] Patcher: DownloadToMemory failed (21) on url=http://patch.station.sony.com:7000/patch/launchpad/launchpad-update.xml.gz
    [20:38:53] Patcher: Memory Download of XML Operation Complete.
    [20:38:53] Patcher: Memory Download Internet Type 2 Unsuccessful.
    [20:38:53] Patcher: Memory Download Internet Type 3 Begin...
    [20:38:53] Patcher: curl_easy_perform failed (21,7): couldn't connect to host
    [20:38:53] Patcher: DownloadToMemory failed (21) on url=http://patch.station.sony.com:7000/patch/launchpad/launchpad-update.xml.gz
    [20:38:53] Patcher: Memory Download of XML Operation Complete.
    [20:38:53] Patcher: Memory Download Internet Type 3 Unsuccessful.
    [20:38:53] Patcher: Memory Download Operation Failed.
    [20:38:53] Patcher: Thread Finish
    [20:38:53] Patcher initialized, initiating self-patch...
    [20:38:53] Scanning Files...
    [20:38:53] GameName [eq2]: Checking for update
    [20:38:53] Game Update Up to Date.
    [20:38:53] Done updating self
    [20:38:54] Log Session Closed

Im not really sure what the problem is or how to fix it. As i just read over this.. a thought popped into my head, maybe the patch servers are overloaded, and i just am having bad luck connecting to it, what with all the other people doing the same. Also I did not see a tech support forum in the list that was available, so posting here under expansions and adventure packs as its dirrectly related to the install of EQ2-RoK

EDIT: Humm.. its now +24 or so hours later.. still dunno what to do, support site was not helpfull, said my error was too many people logging in or my internet is broke.. assuming its too many people loggin in.. / but what i dont get is why would vanguard have the same error message
  2. ARCHIVED-Wolfhart Guest

Its now 2 days later. this problem is still the same.. I cant even connect to the patcher.
    I have talked to sony support they sent me to talk to my dsl people who sent me to talk to my router people. They had me fix my firmware, apparently 4 yrs out firmware isnt a good idea to have :) So using the current firmware. which is from actiontech.. There is a setting in the port forwarding section to open up to the ports specifically used for eq2. That dont work.. Ive tried entering them manually from the support site (they are all listed there)
    Really at a loss what to do, ive emailed my problem to sony support hoping that will work.. This is rather very frustrating.. as i cancled my vanguard supscription at the end of last month with the intention of playing eq2 for a while.
    I do however how no trouble connecting to fps game servers, wow, sb or eve.. its just sony games.
    I really hope that someone on these forums can help me.. or dirrect me to a post that someone had this problem before.
    It just seems strange that i would be having all these trouble connecting when i had zero trouble connecting to the eq2 servers last month when i did that starter island thing.
  3. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

Are you on vista or XP?
  4. ARCHIVED-Wolfhart Guest

Im running XP Pro far as OS goes.
  5. ARCHIVED-Wolfhart Guest

I spent tuesday in chat support with eq2 techs. the jist of that conversation is that i needed to contact my isp due to the fact that my tracert unrest.everquest2.com has all * in the 1st jump & my pathping unrest.everquest2.com has 100% loss before it can even take 1 jump. Translation as i was told. something is interfearing with my connecting to the server. must be a filter on the dsl or a port not opened. Solution Call ISP

i disbeleave that solution so spent all night tuesday on the knowledge base reading everything that i can find.

Firewall and Router information for EQII
    http://help.station.sony.com/cgi-bi...IHByb3h5IGluZm8*&p_li=&p_topview=1

Everquest II Connectivity troubleshooting guide
    http://help.station.sony.com/cgi-bi...leHQ9dHJhY2VydA**&p_li=&p_topview=1

Those two are the most relivant infomation in the knowledge base as the following is of no help at all.

http://help.station.sony.com/cgi-bi...li=&p_topview=1

Thats enough links.

Wednesday afternoon i spent all of it on the phone with qwest (my dsl support) who tells me to do some very simple stuff, reboot, reset modem, reset internet connection on the network places, specify an ip address not just take the assigned one for the computer. ect ect even clean boots with nothing at all running in background, disabling firewalls/norton. did that tried that all on my own, but humored isp and did the same with them on the phone. left for dnd.. came home slept like 3 hrs.

now thursday i waited to eq2 chat support was online got in que there, and am told that basically i still need to get in touch with my qwest/actiontech support people to get the proper ports enabled referenced the above linked firewall and router page.

I spent from about 11 am until 12 pm on the phone with qwest who had to forward me onto actiontech. we get the proper version on firmware on the router. The router now has an option when i am logged into it on the Advanced Setup to pick an application. to allow internet access. under games there is an eq2 defult option to open the following ports. Pritty much every time i would get connected to the actiontech i had to call back again as my call would be dropped and start the process over completly fresh.. very frustrating to say the least.

TCP,UDP 1024-9100 portmap 1024
    UDP 32800-33000 portmap 32800

I am assuming that portmap=trigger port.

The following is the router infomation i was emailed from sony support.

EQ2 LaunchPad & Patch Servers
    TCP is initiated from client port > 1023 to patch.station.sony.com port 7000
    UDP is initiated from client port > 1023 to sdlaunchpad1.station.sony.com & sdlaunchpad2.station.sony.com port range 3016-3021 & 9700-9703.

Everquest II Patch
    TCP is initiated from client port > 1023 to patch.everquest2.com, ablpatch.everquest2.com, abepatch.everquest2.com or rrpatch.everquest2.com at port 7010

Everquest II Game Client
    UDP is initiated from client port >1023 to servers on UDP ports 9100 and UDP ports in range of 32800-33000
    Additionally ICMP messages type 0, 3, 8, 11 should be permitted bi-directionally between client and everquest II servers.

EQ2 Server Subnets
    There are multiple IP addresses for Patch & Launchpad clusters, that change as network demands so check often using dns lookup tool if you provide specific firewall rules for these services. The server ip addresses are currently in these subnets: 64.37.158.*, 199.108.2.*, 199.108.12.*, 199.108.202.*, 199.108.203.*, 195.33.135.*

after that is the firewall info which is irrelivant as non is enabled atm, ill deal with that once i get a connection established.

The ports EQ2 Knowledge center says to keep open are TCP 1023 @ 7000 & 1023@ 7010
    UDP 1023 @ 3016-3021 & 97000-9703 & 9100, 32800-33000

The ports on the routers setting for eq2 is as follows
    TCP,UDP 1024-9100 1024
    UDP 32800-33000 32800

Reguardless I am compleatly at a loss as to what to do.. Ive tryed prayer but that hasnt helped as of yet. . I am willing to try most any/everything to get this working. because on a technicaly point.. I could not come back to play vanguard either as i have the same problem with the patcher reguardless of game, eq1, eq2 & vg

As a good/bad thing.. on my other pc.. i got up to the start of act III in dungeon siege 2.

Ohh and one more thing. I CAN connect to shadowbane test, eve live, wow live. There is no tracert * * * * in section 1 i can play them fine.. could even connect to unreal 2 tourney games just could. also the xbox360 has zero trouble connecting to halo 2 multiplayer games or downloading demo's videos. It is strictly a sony issue. This is posted from the PC in question.
    posted the same as this on my guilds site as well.. Im reaching here I have no clue what to do here. Should I call back up Qwest, should i get in touch with sony support, should i get in touch with qwest to forward me onto actiontech?
    far as the router in question. GT701-WG
    firmware in question is version QW05.5-3.60.3.0.7.6-GT701-WG
  6. ARCHIVED-meklord Guest

make sure peerguardian or any other 3rd party ip filter is disabled before starting the launchpad.
  7. ARCHIVED-eidand Guest

If i understand corectly you're trying to use that beta launchpad thinggie ?
    just one simple / stupid question. what happens if you run the game through it's own icon and ignore the launchpad ? Does it work at all or it still runs into trouble ?
  8. ARCHIVED-Mordrehl Guest

If you're able to Tracert to the unrest.everquest2.com domain ... it's beyond your ISP where the problem lies.

See if you're able to PING the domain unrest.everquest2.com.

I can safely say doing ISP Tech support, and I can say it with 100% accuracy that the problem isn't with your ISP. ONly if the tracert was failing within their network would it be their issue.

Having said that however ... either Sony or QWest should be escalating this to discover WHY it is failing once it reaches there. It could be a routing issue from one network to another (QWest to Comcast for example). It could be Everquest2.com rejecting the IP address QWest is providing you.

But I can safely say it is

a) Not your PC
    b) Not your Router
    c) Not directly your ISP
  9. ARCHIVED-cggerth Guest

like was said earlier, if you are using the beta launch pad, try using the regular eq2 launch pad. That might make a big difference.

If you have a router or hub or anything, as a test just disconnect it and take your computer directly to your modem and try to connect. I had at one point forwarded a port on my computer that ended up causing me not to patch one time. I removed the router and it started working.

If none of the above works, make sure before you turned off your firewall, you opened it up to allow all access to it. I've seen some firewalls get stuck even when turned off and still blocking everything the policy told it to block.
  10. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Mordrehl wrote:
    If you read his post, he states
    I spent tuesday in chat support with eq2 techs. the jist of that conversation is that i needed to contact my isp due to the fact that my tracert unrest.everquest2.com has all * in the 1st jump & my pathping unrest.everquest2.com has 100% loss before it can even take 1 jump. Translation as i was told. something is interfearing with my connecting to the server. must be a filter on the dsl or a port not opened. Solution Call ISP
    It points to a network problem from his dmark to the server dmark. Even if the packet loss was caused by a hand off router from their ISP to another backbone router, the trouble ticket needs to be opened at the ISP level, normally a end user cannot open a ticket to a backbone providers NOC, they have no direct access to it.
    The chances of eq2's target routers not accepting any valid ip address from a end user dmark is slim to none, have never ever heard of SOE blacklisting incoming addresses because of the way 99.9999 percent of the ISP's use dhcp assignments at the end user level - no way of accurately verifying that the IP that is being used really belongs to the end user they want to blacklist.