State of the Templar!

Discussion in 'General Priest Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Misery, Jul 1, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Misery Guest

Hey there! I have a level 50 templar (54 now) I just came back to the game after ditching WoW!

I'm really interested in hearing the high end raiding politics of a templar, how they fit into raids, what their roles are, how they are seen compared with other healers!
    Im also interested in knowing the basics! What are the main stats? What do they do? What builds are popular for leveling, solo, group, raid? Where can I find some really great info on templars if I cant find it here?

I really just want the whole run down on them! So if anybody wants to put in some input (anybody, not just templars!) I'd be super happy to hear it! zdon't really knwo what I'm doing in terms of gear/spells either and I'm finding it a bit difficult to gather contemporary info!

Thanks guys!! glad to be back!
  2. ARCHIVED-LardLord Guest

Misery wrote:
    Templars are strong raid healers, and most guilds use one in the MT group. Furthermore, it's not uncommon for guilds to run with multiple Templars, utilizing them in OT groups and even DPS groups (though other classes have more to offer from an offensive perspective). Cure Curse is a very popular mechanic with the raid content designers at the moment, and Templars have the fastest recast on that ability (when AA'd), so that's one reason it's nice to have a bunch of Templars in the raid.
  3. ARCHIVED-Frametree Guest

Ya, they are OP. Be glad you have one. ;P
  4. ARCHIVED-EQPrime Guest

You should be able to find all the combat mechanics for templars on these official forums. For tips on AA specs and gear selections you should check eq2flames.