Stat Crunch

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Banki, Jun 8, 2022.

1. Banki New Member

Since the numbers are getting too big / out of hand and result in major nerfs, Classes being dropped down too much ( my poor assassin). Would it be possible to reset the stats with a new Gear set buff ?

Example: Starter zone crate gives you a Full set of gear with Set buff included to begin the expansion with, ( all 23 pieces including food/drink). The set buff is the only thing that allows you to survive the zone so you cant use any old gear pieces to stay over powered with the stat crunch to make adjustments/fights/ Mob health more manageable from a developer standpoint.

Only think would have to compensate for is Mount and Familiar buffs and what gear would work for Mercs in the new zone. Would also have the potential to remove Combat Mitigation and Leech for heals and such .
  2. Banki New Member

That is an epic idea ! didn't think of that ! then they could accomplish the stat crunch , now we just have to get someone important to look the idea over to see if they think its viable .
    Diveris likes this.
  3. Melkior Well-Known Member

The problem with this idea is it makes it impossible to run old content without switching gear. There are solutions to that problem, like increasing the stat gain for older zones, or providing a buff that only works in those zones. But it is definitely something they'd need to address.
  4. Ayodi Active Member

The war on gear and abilities by Developers is a war on players. You want a board game like chess or checkers and not EQII. The kind of 'prison planet' control you are discussing is a credit to exactly the type of mindset that free people shun. The ascendency of such a resolve oligarchy will only enable EQII's burial service.

-The Ayodi
  5. Banki New Member

Not sure what you were going for there , but im simply throwing out ideas to possibly help things more manageable which could result more Class/gear balances instead of having to deal with literal Trillions of damage numbers they could be the same fights with damage back into millions, which would be easier to make adjustments too without any major nerfs/ overshoots to any one particular class. If gear is made simple they have more time to focus on other aspects of the game .
    If you have any ideas you think might help i encourage you to make a thread and contribute.
    Twyla likes this.
  6. Ayodi Active Member

A'ight. Like unto the development of mounts & mercs, this format might prove popular with the crowd that are fond of their EPIC/MYTH weapons. Possibly train or enhance weapon as we go up levels. Room to accommodate plat syncs, quest achievements, & so forth as gates to enhanced EPIC weapon. Might be a way to entice the folks fond of not loosing everything with each expansion.

-The Ayodi
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

We already had weapon enhancement. I think it started in PoP, but was later removed.
  8. Riverbear Active Member

The upgrade, you do not remember when it took place, was a one-off and was heavily pursued.
    It became the matter of course for anyone who earned their myth (High Participation).
    No enhancement was done like the installment over time like was suggested in the text you highlighted.
    My observance is a carrot the majority strives for,
    Is better than the lash of resolve.
    Ayodi likes this.
  9. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Meh, remove resolve, fervor, and overcap, and cut the values on everything else by a flat percentage. Then rebalance everything within the realm of sanity.
  10. Aethos Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with this personally. I already keep old gear sets for running old content so that I have to actually do scripts instead of literally killing everything in one button, lol. Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing?

That said, I hear you. That's definitely not for everybody.