Starting to take this ranger seriously.........

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Anarissa, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Anarissa New Member

2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Whichever bow has longer delay, I forgot which it is out of the two.

All your purple adorns should be CB, apart from shoulders which should be Flurry.
    Novelty Card charm is pretty awesome.
    Get your AE Auto to 100% before you stack haste
    Get your MA up to 120-200 too.
    Your reuse needs to be 100%.

Everything else looks ok in general.

Semi out-dated thread but might gain some stuff from it:
    Here
    And this one here. Although I don't fully agree with points in this one.
    Feldon and Neiloch like this.
  3. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Great for reuse and cast speed
    http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3800235076

Use bow of plagues between those two.

AA looks fine, but just FYI most of the time left side prestige will be better. Right side will only show great advantage over left if you are constantly fighting 4+ mobs over the duration of the entire fight.
  4. Regn Member

Try to position yourself between 6-7 meters, I think it was, that way you can spam your long range and short range abilities without having to joust in and out, and remember to switch between long ranged and short ranged (2-5 long ranged abilities, then 2-5 short ranged abilities) to take advantage of "Fatal Combination". Get Defiler Monitor from eq2interface and write "Weakness Detected" in it, that way you can see when you have to use your "Exploit Weakness" ability. Put "Blazing Shot" first in your long ranged macro, and put "Bloody Reminder" first in your melee macro, so that they are always used first. When there are many mobs, use melee more than ranged, to take advantage of Melee AE. And don't forget to pay attention to your auto attack bar (UI), so that you don't jam your auto attack from going off.

Here's my AA setup on Ranger.
  5. Regolas Well-Known Member

Take Errorr's advice over my guide he linked. He's far more dedicated to the class and has more experience than me. I just wish I could edit that guide to cover what was said in the replies.
  6. Regolas Well-Known Member

Gearwise, I'm not really a fan of the Ring of Dragons unless you're doing solo stuff. I just don't think any class does enough damage to meet the 2% trigger frequently enough on heroics or higher.

There's a few other items I'd replace when you can. Ear (fanatic stud?) , charm (novelty card) , etc. As said above, you want 100 reuse, 100 AE auto, more MA, then stack attack speed once at those caps.
  7. Anarissa New Member

Thank you for the suggestions all. I'm running Salvo because we do Fabled Labs every week and pull 15 to 20 at a time, I can hit 5 to 6 mill if all goes well! ;) as we get further along, I'll be swapping back and forth between left and right prestige as necessary. Some of the jewelry is on because it's better than the quest jewels. As I can upgrade I will, and the Dragon Ring is great for leveling greens :)

Heh, just noticed my sig. Although I do love the sig for my Paladin, I guess I'll break down and design a new one for the ranger. o_O
  8. Xaiveir Active Member

For an upgrade to the ring, try and get into a fabled SoS group. There are quite a few nice rings that drop in there pretty regularly. 1 run through, and you will have seen a couple different ones drop. They are also brokerable. Depending on the server you are on, cost wise they are not to cringe worthy.

Band of the band is also nice from high keep heroic. Otherwise you look pretty good, keep it up.