Start with level 85 character?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by WooHet, Oct 3, 2013.

1. WooHet New Member

Hi there.
    Few months ago I started playing EQ2. Few days after that I had a lot of things to do in my life so I abandoned it.
    Yesterday, I received email with free 85 level character with some benefits so I started thinking about playing this game again :). I have experiences with many mmo games (even subscription ones). Do you guys recommend to me start playing this from level 85, or should I play it for few weeks on low level to understand game mechanics or even leveling it to level 85 first? I logged to the new character for few minutes and I really didn't know what to do. I'm asking you because I don't want to spend hours of trying to understand it on my 85lvl character and then recognize that I should start from level 1 :p
    Thx for your answer and sorry for my grammar mistakes :)
  2. Slant Well-Known Member

I would suggest starting at level one and learn the class you wish to play, then upgrading him to a lvl 85 before the promotion is over. You have until the 15th, If you are an experienced MMO player that should be more than enough time to get the hang of things.
  3. BurningstarIV New Member

That is similar to what i plan to do. I played eq2 years ago i think my highest was level 60 in RoK had an iksar swashy. I plan on giving the game another shot i feel like i most likely gonna go with. I'm gonna make a few test characters see how they are. Pick one make an heroic and then make a level 1 of the same class to get the basics down
    Karrane likes this.
  4. Fuzion New Member

I have a lvl 90 character I haven't touched in a looong time, and I'm overwhelmed by all the spells and abilities. Been messing around with the 85 characters, and still hopelessly lost! I've decided to mess around on a lowbie character for now, and will decide before the promotion is up whether to bring an existing character up, or create a fresh 85.

EQ2 has so much to it that I can't imagine just starting off at 85.