Star Wars Galaxies Crafting System

Discussion in 'Non-Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Spender, Jun 12, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Spender Guest

Bring it back please in Everquest Next. It was the very best crafting system ever created.
  2. ARCHIVED-DarkNight Guest

+ Support on that one.
  3. ARCHIVED-Knowle Guest

Spender wrote:
    Galaxies crafting was so much fun! Please bring it back.
  4. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

i wouldn't mind it in EQ next if the resource spawns aren't so varied and all the crafters are equal when ti comes to resource qaulity buffs (if any at all)
  5. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

I just can't see them doing it. What made the crafting in SWG work was that the entire system was built around crafters providing everything. While this works in a high tech setting, it has the wrong feel for a fantasy game.
    When you think of getting something special you think of questing for your epic weapon. You think of raiding and getting an ancient weapon with history behind it that was used by someone important and made by either a very powerful wizard or a god.
    You don't think lets kill Lord Nagafen so I can desecrate his corpse to get leather for my next set of armor.
    Except that wouldn't be SWG crafting either. The spawn of copper in the Rathe Mountains would be particularly good today and you'd talk your army of harvesting buddies into harvesting copper there. You'd be in negotiations with another rival crafter to trade some of your finest everhot ore for some of his best cazite. And adventurers? They'd be doing battle with Lord Nagafen for the glory of their guild and a boat load of plat. Because SWG didn't give you gear for killing stuff. Maybe, maybe Lord Nagafen would drop a rare component to make a flaming sword. But ultimately you'd need crafters to make it.
    Is that the EQNext you want?
  6. ARCHIVED-ProteinPlus3 Guest

Meirril wrote:
    It will not work involuntarily, in a one-dimensional way, with rare weapons, hunted items or consumables, or harvestables; but it will with: food, furniture, housing blueprints, decorative items, etc.* The SWG crafting system also works fantastically well with the resource/trade-route system found in the EQ Next Ideas thread (link below). There is a disconnect: if you can eat it, it ought not to be dropping gear; opponents supply gear -- and even rare-items can be transmuted down into components for crafting: Lord Nagafen may have a powerful armor component that can be combined with other components to make something even more powerful, but you can still gain armor and weapons from (appropriate) opponents; or, not. It can work.
    Loot and SWG crafting are not "mutually exclusive". I'd like to see both in a PvEvP structure.
    *This gives more flexibility to the SC store: the option to sell the small components of style (like tiles), or as the Germans say, "the thing that goes inside the thing that goes inside the thing". Games are played in HD now (item details).
  7. ARCHIVED-Dela Guest

Spender wrote:
    Lots of players want that crafting system back. This would be awesome!