Standard Time for Launch

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Dergs, May 20, 2022.

1. Dergs New Member

Hello all! My group is supremely excited to come back to EQ2 for this TLE, and are planning to take some PTO for launch. Debating between Tuesday the 24th, or Wednesday the 25h.

Anyone have any idea (either specifically for Varsoon, or traditionally for past TLE's) for the exact time of launch? (i.e., 0001 on the 24th? Or 2399)

Thanks!
  2. Medicinal Active Member

It is typically in the afternoon 2-6pm PST or so. They normally give a time range when it will be up, rather than a specific time.

It is rarely a great idea to take the first day off. Queues, crashes, rollbacks, and other issues can frequently make the whole day a wash. This is generally good advice for any new game/expansion/Specialty server. Not specifically for EQ2.
    Siren, Dude and adaria like this.
  3. Ramblon Member

The usual estimated time is Noon PST (was mentioned on the discord server with the usual caveat that it could change.) Sometimes the servers go up early, sometimes they get delayed.
    Beneeto likes this.
  4. Andivare New Member

Sometimes many people log in all at once when server finally goes us and it crashes again. Tuesday usually a wash for most.
    Siren likes this.
  5. Fantasy_Splitpaw New Member

Still, simply being able to make a character to reserve your favourite name would be a win: I'd like to use the exact same character names I used to have back in the old days :)