Stairs in Maudlin Heights Manor House

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Narrek of Butcherblock, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Narrek of Butcherblock Member

Bought the Maudlin Heights Manor House and put it on my Tenebrous Island. It was interesting trying to get some stairs to work for this house. I made an attempt and this is what I came up with. They work.... for the most part. Took lots of patience and the use of the layout editor.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The house is going to be an ongoing work in process. Thanks for looking.
    Narrek of Butcherblock.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That has a cool effect, though! The color shades don't necessarily match perfectly, but the "texture"/grain of the wood certainly does. And the lightness of the stair color draws the eye (and probably keeps them safe to climb up in dim lighting conditions, like at twilight/dawn...could've used that in real life, but we're not going there... :oops:). :)

Uwk
  3. Kalmaraa Active Member

My question is what stairs are those, they don't match anything I see on the market place.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Wizzam Well-Known Member

I love the perfection of those stairs! Angles are a pain to work with especially for me with railings. You've done a great job!
  5. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Really like your stairs Narrek. Looks awesome! So Shadowplay/Neko Zero didn't make stairs but Jerry Dechant had already made a few sets of stairs so he made stairs that match the color scheme but don't scale the same way. The stairs are called Rustic Wooden Stairway, Rustic Wooden Spiral Stairway, and I thought there was an 8 step version too but not seeing on Lera's site. There is a house that uses these stairs that I did a video of (one narrated 17:06 minutes and one a quick silent verison at 10:00 minutes). She used 2 of the stair Rustic Wooden Stairway and had a halasian building block as platform between.

6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

They're not from the Marketplace, they're hand-made. I recognize the blue poles from the Neriak City Festival, the railings are of...Sumac? Redwood? And the steps are one of the Stone type, using railings. :)

Uwk
  7. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I know and I said I really liked the stairs Narrek made. I was just letting everyone know that Jerry had stairs that were meant to match the building Neko Zero made and show example of how someone got them to work. Might be helpful to keep item count down and give business to player-studio artists. Hopefully Narrek will let us know when the project is finished so we can video tour it :rolleyes:
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, Kalmaraa had the question about it, but I agree that a lot of pre-made Marketplace staircases really help with item count. ;)

Uwk
  9. Wizzam Well-Known Member

While pre-made is nice, I love love love the creativity and appreciate the time that goes into creating your own custom design.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Me too! Looks cool. :)

Uwk
    Febrith likes this.