ST: Forgotten Catacombs [Heroic] - Frost bugged?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ynnek, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Ok, what am I missing....

Pull Frost. When he emotes, throw a globule at him. Tower becomes attackable, kill it. Rinse, Repeat.
    All four towers are now destroyed, but he still is unkillable. He still shows buffs for Bulwark of Ice, Avalanche of Offense, and Winter's Reclamation. He only seems to have lost hist first buff, from the first tower we killed.

Tried overwhelming his regeneration, but even with 1.1mill DPS, couldn't get him killed.

Are we missing something? Or is the encounter buggy?

(Oh, and of course we can't try again.. not enough Globs)
  2. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Three tries now, same results.... Some of his buffs seemed to strip when we killed the pillars, but not all of them, and he's still regenerating to 100%...
  3. Toran Member

We killed it last night and the script worked fine. I can't think of anything we did other then stun him with the item and burn down the tower things.
  4. Ynnek Well-Known Member

It's been suggested in channels that a player thrown interrupt (or procced interrupt) will interrupt his emote and make a tower attackable but bugged - such that when it dies, it doesn't remove the associated buff. Something to try to prevent I guess...

The real irritant is that if you fail, that's it, as you're out of globs. No trying the fight more than once (or twice if you have some globs left over) - you're just, done...

That seems somewhat poorly thought out...
  5. Ludilly Member

It certainly is bugged; interrupts or stuns should not bug the pillars. We also tried knowing this and asked that nobody damage him (only heals on tank) until we could use globs and get down pillars, but they still did not debuff him. Maybe somebody cast something they should not have, but we eventually gave up. Hope the devs fix this.
  6. Chrol Developer

The globules are available for those groups that happen to not have a player that can strictly interrupt. As for Frost's buffs, there is one buff per pillar, plus the regen buff when at least one pillar is still up...

-Chrol
  7. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Ok, that's fair, and good to know. But there's still a problem then (just a different problem then we thought).

All pillars down, only one buff stripped, regen still in place, mob unkillable.

Repeatedly....
  8. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Took another swing. Used *only* player interrupts to disrupt him, no globs.

When each tower died, no buff was removed. With all towers dead, he still had all five buffs. The messages that sometimes popped up when he loses an ability, did not appear at all.
  9. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Experiment #2.

Everyone but the tank stands in the corner, sits on their hands, and keeps any potentially interrupt procing buffs down. Tank waves his sword at Frost to keep his attention, and throws a glob every cycle. Once the four towers are unprotected, everyone else comes in, kills them, then Frost.

As each tower went down, an emote was emitted about a buff being lost, said buff was lost, and when all four towers were down, it emitted a message indicating his defenses had collapsed completely. This was new.

Going back through the parses, the evidence seems fairly conclusive. When a player interrupt (intentional or accidental) was used to interrupt Frost, the newly unprotected tower appears to become unhooked from the script, and will not strip the associated buff when killed. When a glob is used instead, the script runs as it should.

I'll wager 500p, and a duck, that somehow player interrupts have the potential to bork the script.
  10. Adegx Active Member

I know we had to burn all 4 pillars before regen dropped. SO add me to the regen bugged group. Other than that, no issues.
  11. LostBoy New Member

I still can not kill this mob. And i follow the suggestions here. Tank only uses auto-attack. Healers only heal no wards. Everyone else sits on there hands until pillars are attack able. Pull mob, he emotes, I throw interrupt item, get emote pillar is attack able, do this until I get 4 emotes, then the group kills the pillars. Frost loses one or maybe two buffs and is unkillable.

So what did I do wrong developers?
  12. Chrol Developer

Did a merc or pet destroy any of the pillars? (There's a fix coming for that.) Also, while I guess that is one strategy, you don't have to wait till all four pillars become attackable before you start taking them down.

-Chrol
  13. Tylia Well-Known Member

The only pet our group had when Frost bugged and was unkillable, was my mystic's dog. Sooo.. you're saying her little dog bugged the whole script? Interesting.
  14. Chrol Developer

Possibly, but only if your dog got the death blow on the pillar.
  15. Ynnek Well-Known Member

I know we tried it putting all real pets away (ie, put the dog down, poofed the coercers pet, etc...) - and still got 3 of the 4 pillars borked.

But I cannot at this time rule out swarm pets, although I find it statistically unlikely that swarm pets were responsible for the death of three of the pillars.

Do you happen to know when the pillar/pet fix will go in? I'm content to wait for that fix to go in, and try again, before I claim it's still broken.
  16. Chrol Developer

It's not listed in this morning update notes, but the fix is on live now.
  17. Ynnek Well-Known Member

As a side note, there appears to be a bit of a chronic problem here. Many of the zones/features launched with bugs. Many people have found, talked about bugs, and knew what didn't work.

Many, many, bugs have been fixed, but not made it into the patch notes. This causes two problems.

1) The devs involved don't get any credit for fixing things. We get the sense that you're less on top of things than you really are.
    2) We don't know that zones/fights have been fixed - and as a result, don't go back into the zone to try again. Lots of folks think lots of things are still broken, when in fact they may be fixed.
    Tylia likes this.