SSD vs Spindle Hard-drive / Reviews & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Performance Support' started by ARCHIVED-IceStormx, Apr 27, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

I only buy Intel SSDs, period. I also would never buy OCZ anything after the various scandals involving them in the early 2000s.
  2. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Gaige wrote:
    o_O
    If you're going to judge a company by going so far back, let's all boycot Intel because of the FDIV scandal.
    And AMD for omitting to install any kind of thermal throttling in their first Athlon (ever seen those Athlon catching fire videos on Tom's Hardware back then?)
    Damn... I guess I'll have to go back to pen & paper for my MMORPG needs
  3. ARCHIVED-deadcrickets2 Guest

Jacquotte@Nagafen wrote:
    Anandtech and HardOCP both do those types of reviews. Like any consumer a little time searching Google goes a long way.
  4. ARCHIVED-IceStormx Guest

UP DATE
    I found a use for the left over spindle hard-hard no longer in use in my pc system
    Instead of letting it decay in my closet I did a full secure erase on the drive and I have successfully installed it into my Cisco Explorer 8600HDC High-Definition DVR Set-Top Box and replaced the default WD Caviar Blue 160GB 8MB cache with my old 1TB WD Caviar Black 32MB cache the firmware / OS Linux in box showed the Blue with 159GB installed and now with the Black installed it shows 999GB maybe I won't have to rush to delete programs to make room for new shows
  5. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

IceStormx wrote:
    Awesome!!