[Spoilers Welcome] Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Discussion in 'Non-Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Grimwell, Jul 18, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Grimwell Guest

Discuss the latest book when it comes out, and expose the full plot with others who have read the book, or don't mind spoilers. You have no restrictions beyond the normal forum rules, so please enjoy an unrestricted discussion about the latest Harry Potter book. If you do not want to have things spoiled, hit the 'Back' button on your browser NOW! I hope y'all like the new book, and don't have to wait in long lines to get it! {inserting a space to push the first spoiler ridden post down} {No, really, if you don't want spoilers, stop reading NOW!} {Last chance!} Begin spoilers....
  2. ARCHIVED-interstellarmatter Guest

[p]I really think that Harry is going to die. It just all fits together with him dying. Could be wrong..but I'm pretty certain.[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Findarato Guest

http://machinist.salon.com/blog/2007/07/17/potter_leaked/index.html [IMG]
  4. ARCHIVED-Dreadzwench Guest

interstellarmatter wrote:
    I think maybe Ginny will, but not Harry.
    I really hope Snape is killed and Lucious Malfoy. Let Draco see why Harry misses his parents
  5. ARCHIVED-interstellarmatter Guest

Hmm..want to make it intesting? I'll bet you Tainda's car that Harry dies. It's the most logical conclusion. No one has ever survived the one we must not speak of...he dies and gets to be with his parents in wizard's heaven.
  6. ARCHIVED-Dreadzwench Guest

interstellarmatter wrote:
    I'll wager Kiara's kittens that Harry defeats him because Harry has love, which is what Voldermort lacks.
  7. ARCHIVED-Tainda Guest

Wait! What?! How did my car get involved?
  8. ARCHIVED-Kiara- Guest

[p]WHOA!!! hold up a sec. how the hell did MY kittens get into this?!?!?![/p][p]fwiw, i don't think harry will die.[/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-Dreadzwench Guest

Sorry hun, but I had to wager something and stella already used Tai's car.
  10. ARCHIVED-BassMannings Guest

Top 11 Spells Not Used in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
    11. Biggus Pekeri - When Engorgio just isn't enough.

10. Aloha-adios - For saying goodbye to Mexican-Hawaiian wizards.

9. Amorus Mixalotus - Causes victim to like big butts and be unable to lie.

8. Muffuletta - For making a nice olive sandwich.

7. Fecamenti - Causes a stream of fecal matter to come from the end of the caster's wand.

6. Resolvio Plottus - Instantly resolves any open plot issues.

5. Aveda Conditionus - Gives the caster smooth and silky hair.

4. Orgio - A jet of Astroglide shoots from the end of the caster's wand.

3. Heterus - Makes the target gay.

2. Vestimenta Removi - Takes off the target's clothes.

1. Tetrahydrocannabis - When wizards want to get high.

(borrowed from www.bbspot.com)
  11. ARCHIVED-currybeans Guest

got the gf the book and was reading this post going ouch and omg :/ then the gf walks in see's it and wacks me with the book :/ evil book but now i dont have to read this crap just hhave to watch the films
  12. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

[p]I just finished it.[/p][p]I'm a little confused, because supposedly Rowling said that TWO major characters were going to die. I can only assume that Snape was one, but I'm not sure who the other was ... Fred Weasely, maybe? I wouldn't have thought of him as a major character, though I guess you could say that both Mad-Eye & Remus were.[/p][p]As Stella said, Harry dying was the only conclusion that really made sense ... & it didn't really happen. So I'm not entirely sure I can say I'm satisfied with the ending. OTOH, I thought the ending of Book 6 blew chunks.[/p][p]I am, however, gratified that I was right about Severus Snape. I knew he wasn't a traitor, & I knew why he "killed" AD, & I knew the whole thing had been set-up to protect Draco Malfoy. Of course, I didn't know about the Elder Wand, but then, nobody did. Still, I'm glad Snape was redeemed at the end.[/p][p]All in all, it was a good book, but I'm not entirely sure that I'm happy with how it all worked out. O well, at least it was an entertaining read![/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-kcirrot Guest

Two major deaths: Voldermort & Snape Voldermort is the main antagonist and Snape the cool anti-hero of the series. Both mega-major characters. The ending is what one would expect. Happily ever after. Harry and Hermoine marry into the Weasely brood, have a bunch of kids and live in the suburbs. Anything else would have had people upset. Only thing I thought sucked was that they didn't tell us what Harry and his gang did for a living. Since Harry was rich from his parent's inheritance and inherited even more money from Sirius, it's not clear he HAS to do anything. But I was surprised the only Neville wound up teaching at Hogwarts. I thought Hermoine was a shoo-in to take McGonagalls place.
  14. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

[p]Yea, but you knew about Voldie (of course we all knew he would die!) so he doesn't count.[/p][p]:)[/p][p]I wanted Ron to kick the bucket :([/p]
  15. ARCHIVED-kcirrot Guest

livejazz wrote:
    Well, he did knock some boots (Hermoine's). Does that count? :twisted:
  16. ARCHIVED-Rotacidare Guest

Finished reading a few hours ago. Overall I thought it an excellent book - I liked the twists at the end. I was pretty convinced Harry was dead for a second. I too would have liked to have known what jobs the main characters had in the future. I didn't mind the happy ending - it was nice to see for a change and to see good winning over evil and all that. I was a little confused how the rightful owner of the wand was Draco Malfoy, but overall a fitting ending
  17. ARCHIVED-Wilde_Night Guest

What was the prophecy? "either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives." So it only makes sense that either Voldemort or Harry would have to kill the other to truly live. Very rarely do books end with the bad guys winning, so I don't think the ending was disappointing.
  18. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

Finished it on Saturday and yeah I would've loved to know what the trio were doing now. Now that I think it over, I suspect that MacGonagal is probably the current Headmistress of Hogwarts. As for why Hermionie isn't teaching, she's got kids of her own about to go to that school. She may have decided to wait until her kids are through the school before taking up a teaching position there. In the mean time, she's likely working at the Ministry on Muggle related matters, and probably campaigning for Sentient rights in general (and trying to improve relations between Wizards, Muggles, Elves, Goblins, Giants, Centaurs, etc....) Considering Ron was proud he had actually gotten a real driver's license, I'm thinking he followed his father's footsteps and is in the Ministry dealing with Muggle artifacts and such. Harry, it's hard to say. I'd say he'll end up teaching at Hogwarts eventually, (as a DADA teacher) but is waiting for his kids to get through the system too. Given how big Weasley clans tend to be, and having 3 already, he may be waiting awhile. In the mean time, he may be working as an Auror, but with a family now he's probably handling lighter cases mainly. Before the kids though, when he was younger and 'just' married, I can see him active with Aurors and in the thick of it, (and being a shoo-in for whatever Auror training they have, given his extreme hands-on experience through his years at Hogwarts) I wonder if he went back to the Dursley's at any time? Especially after seeing Snape's memories of Lily and Petunia (and given the peace offering Dudley offered when they left). I doubt they'll ever be close, but after everything, and especially after becoming a family man, Harry may attempt to mend/build some bridges to the Muggle side of his family. Anyways, I enjoyed the book, and felt it was a suitable wrap up. I should've reread Half-blood prince first but no biggy. :) I did like how they basically went full circle, visiting most of the places we've seen before in the old books, especially places in the first book. Poor Hedwig though. :(
  19. ARCHIVED-Dreadzwench Guest

[p]I thought Harry was going to die, when he went into the forest the last time and a way he had the choice to do that. I'm not too surprised that it ended all Happily Ever After, because this is a book in the children's genre. I think a lot of adults forgot that because so many of us got pulled into the story as well. [/p][p] [/p][p] [/p][p] [/p][p]I was happy to see that Neville really got to shine in this book. He definetly came a long way from the nervous little guy who couldn't get any spells to work. I was sad to see both Lupin and Tonks die, but we knew Teddie was left in good hands with the Weasley's, Hermoine, and Harry as his "extended family". [/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Was I the only soppy one or did anyone else cry when Dobby died? And when Harry summoned his parents, Lupin, and Sirius.:cry: I'm such a mushy person.:oops: Dumbledore really surprised me in this book. All the revelations about him, especially in the white Kings Cross were like, wow. I knew Snape was good though but there was always that lingering doubt as I read; he's just too dang convincing! I did. I loved the book. There were some things I felt were a bit too convenient, like when they received information, or Ron caught back up with Harry and Hermione, but all in all, a good read. Only thing that was a bit annoying was Jo's excessive use of the word "and" in this one. It was almost like every fifth paragraph was "and this" or "And that, and this, and that" >.<