SPLITPAW: Player Run Tavern Open - 8 p.m. (UK) Saturdays

Discussion in 'Player Events' started by ARCHIVED-Inevera, Jan 28, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Inevera Guest

We are opening our guild tavern for role players in New Halas
    House name: Dreaver
    Tavern name: "Drunken Reavers"
    Access for those not welcome in New Halas: Storm Reaver's guild hall in Freeport - use portal to Arthurios' Tenebrous Island then exit island and you'll see the Dreaver house. This will take you directly into tavern.
    ALL players who want to role play are welcome. If you are experienced then help us spread the word that RP is fun For anyone new to role play, let us help you get started - just /t any Storm Reaver member and say you're new to RP and they'll give you some starter tips so you can join in the fun.
    If enough RPers use the tavern then we will start devising some RP events, storylines and plots for all to join in as and when they want.
    The tavern will be staffed one night a week, but will be open to the public throughout the week.
    So come on folks, let's get Splitpaw RPing!
  2. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

Promoting this on the EQII news site and Welcome Screen.
    If you get a chance to take some screenshots and send me a write-up of how it went, I'd love to post a recap next week! :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Inevera Guest

Many thanks - will see if I can get someone to take some pics - unfortunately, whenever I try and take them EQ2 crashed on me :(
  4. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

Also on the in-game calendar. :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Glimmsterviryan Guest

Sounds kewl!!!
    I'm tickled pink with enthusiasm, and green with envy that you guys beat me to it.
    Heading over after the Pay It Forward live event. It's great to see such a buzz to Splitpaw.
  6. ARCHIVED-Inevera Guest

Have just updated access details for those of evil alignment :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Glimmsterviryan Guest

Sadly there's something wrong about my EQ2 account suddenly...I've sent a petition but unless it's fixed today, I won't be attending unfortunately.
    /Fingers crossed but no realistic hope since it's weekend for CSRs too.../
  8. ARCHIVED-Inevera Guest

It was a great event and I would like to thank all the RPers who turned up to add to the atmosphere. We had 21 players including 10 guild members.
    The tavern staff were, understandably, very nervous as Arthurios, Stormlord of the Storm Reavers and owner of the tavern, taught them their duties two hours before it opened. His wife, Inevera, was running around writing up the Price List (including rules of tavern use and disclaimer) and was then told to get weaving to produce uniforms for the staff.
    Our Bouncer, Lumix, made sure customers left their weapons on the weapon rack before they entered and the two barmen (Maccess and Mrrshaw) and waitress (Vixyenn) were run off their feet. Our Arasai cook (Mcspice) was rushed off her wings as she tried to prepare the concoctions on the menu, learning as she went along. Later in the evening there was a scream from the kitchen as one of the ingredients (a brownie) that had been stored in the ice bucket had thawed out because someone had put the bucket next to the oven, and was running around the kitchen. Mrrshaw leapt to the rescue and the brownie was soon dead in his paw.
    Those who came to play the card game, "Legends of Norrath" found tables prepared for them and we were also entertained by one of our customers (Warbler) who took to the stage and regaled us with a song. Next week our very own comedian (we think), Maccess, will take to the stage.
    One of our customers brought her duck guardian and we were concerned in case it ended up in one of Mcspice's pies, but thankfully apart from laying an egg behind the bar, it left alive and well. Near closing time, a customer (Enertochter Hellsong) was a little confused about what he owed, but Arthurios being the helpful Shadowknight that he is, was very considerate in working out the bill for him and duly made a profit of 3 gold from the unfortunate gentleman. We do hope he will return next week as customers like that are worth their weight in gold.
    We hope everyone had a good time and a lot of fun. The Drunken Reaver's Tavern will, I hope, be a backdrop to new storylines and plots created by others who can use it as a meeting place to further their own stories and role play experience.
    The tavern will open its doors again on Saturday 11th February at 8 p.m. (U.K. time) for two hours.
  9. ARCHIVED-Inevera Guest

Don't forget - The Drunken Reavers will be open tonight - Saturday 10th February at 8 p.m. UK time. Come and sample Mcspice's concoctions, play LoN or listen to the Reaver's stage act.
    Change to location of Storm Reavers guild hall - as a level 50 guild we are now based in Freeport.