spiritual circle pet

Discussion in 'Defiler' started by ARCHIVED-vonchicken, Apr 5, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-vonchicken Guest

This really needs an ae and ae auto attack immunity, or atleast something to really buff it up, because it dies to every little tick of damage. Atleast give it enough life to handle 2 or 3 raid mob ae, it really makes me mad that every time i try and cast it, it just dies. Even if i time it, it only lives for 1/3 the time it has to be up.
  2. ARCHIVED-KatrinaDeath Guest

I agree ONLY if my bear gets the same treatment
  3. ARCHIVED-Tehom Guest

It's tricky to use, but its vulnerability doesn't make it useless. In a lot of cases you can put it out of range of very short-range AEs (combat-art style melee AEs, for example) and get its benefit without it being killed.
    Admittedly the number of raid fights where it won't be killed is fairly limited, but it can be strong even there to blunt a single AE by giving everyone in the raid a stacking ward against it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Cheydak Guest

Vonchicken@Nagafen wrote:
    I completely agree. With the amount of AEs that come in constant waves in this expansion, casting the circle is just a waste of power.
  5. ARCHIVED-Hene Guest

Cheydak wrote:
    Hehe, Lunar attendant has been a waste of power for at least the past 4 expansions :p
  6. ARCHIVED-KatrinaDeath Guest

Hene wrote:
    I only cast it when I "blackout" all of my other heals which is rare.
  7. ARCHIVED-gluestick Guest

its fine the way it is. its still pretty uber compared to the mystic version. it wards raid ae againt 1k damage. even though it dies easily i still cast it every chance i get, and it account for 2-5% of my parse in abomidable labs or any other given raid zone in t9.
  8. ARCHIVED-Cheydak Guest

gluestick wrote:
    Really? I find it accounts for 0% of my overall parse since it dies so easily. Would you post some parses?
  9. ARCHIVED-Sedenten Guest

Whether or not the mystic version sucks compared to Spiritual Circle shouldn't be a part of this debate. All dumbfire pets should be AOE immune.
    That being said, I've had Spiritual Circle still parse high on encounters with high AOE's. I usually use it immediately following a non-cureable raidwide DoT or just before a big AE--even if it dies on that AOE it ends up absorbing ~1k damage for everyone near it in the process. I cast it nearly every time it's up, though I usually try and time it to a degree to maximize it's impact.
    EDIT: I'll try and post some parses later tonight if I think about it. It varies considerably, but I've never had it parse 0% of my healing parse if I'm casting it every time it's up in a fight.
  10. ARCHIVED-Sedenten Guest

Of course, I forgot to post parses from home yesterday but when I was checking over logs from the past few nights, Spiritual Circle averaged out to ~4% of my total heals for Labs, Toxx and Palace. It's not substantial, but it's not 0% either ;)
  11. ARCHIVED-vonchicken Guest

i just wish they would atleast try something new with this. They can always roll it back if needed, and i would not bother them any more on the matter
  12. ARCHIVED-Gothun Guest

I noticed that if I cast this right before an aoe, nobody normally takes any damage, and the stupid dog doesn't die like it always seems to do this expansion.
    So basically, it pretty much is a block for one aoe, at least from my experience testing it out on different mobs the last month or so.
    And a note about the dog, it's aoe block only seems to work on Waansu. No idea why though!
  13. ARCHIVED-tooloose Guest

Chath@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Where would that be for MT healers?
    I'd rather it have a ae immunity than the dog tbh
  14. ARCHIVED-vonchicken Guest

i would not mind ifthey chaneged it to a radi wide ,1 attack block, but as it stands it atleast needs ae ae auto attack immunity. It may give a small block for the raid, but for all the hard mode mobs, and especially for mt healers, its just not worth the trouble. As for the dog, the reason it dies all the time is they made it have an ae immunity, but not ae auto attack, and almost all the mobs from shadow ex-pac to now have an ae auto attack, where ae immunity does not work.
  15. ARCHIVED-Sedenten Guest

I've found it does quite well on hard-mode Maalus and Tox. It still dies to an AOE, but not before shaving some damage off of the raid. If I time it right on Maalus, it'll stay up for quite a while and absorb some ticks of damage. I can't speak for the other hard mode encounters really, but on at least those two it's not completely pointless to use. Generally when I do use it my primary wards are down for the reuse and the spell doesn't take terribly long to throw out.
  16. ARCHIVED-Tehom Guest

It's pretty much the same way for all the hardmodes. They seemed to have made a conscious design choice to have all their AEs be fairly clustered together for any given encounter. I don't really get the ae autoattack complaint, since ae autoattack is so easy to avoid, especially for dropping a shrine, and we're the one class in the game that can disable AE auto via malicious spirits.
  17. ARCHIVED-vonchicken Guest

I mean the focus damage. The one that hits everone in the raid at the same time, no matter what. Either that, or it is a freak accident for every raid mob to kill the dog pet, just after an AE, even when the dog has AE immunity