Spirit Realm, True Spirits, and Etherene.

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Zypherous, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Zypherous New Member

Anyone well versed in those subjects care to share there knowledge with me or direct me to a decent source. After having completed the Channeler prelude quest, I was very intrigued and interested in learning more about the lore of the true spirits and spirit realm. Are the spirit realm and Etherene one in the same? Why is it that when you enter that spiritual wound or tear for the quest that you do not see anything if it is indeed the same as the Etherene (and I remember reading that it takes shape based on the residents residing in the area or from the minds of the souls there.) What exactly are the true spirits?

Also since there is only one Etherene connecting both EQ1 and EQ2, does that mean there is only one Drinal and one Namless?

I have tons of questions but I think I should stop here for now since each question seems to lead me to new questions.
  2. Lucus Well-Known Member

Yes there is only one Drinal. I'm unsure about the nameless though.
  3. Rainmare Well-Known Member

Ethernere is where the Dead go. the spiritual realms like Astra or the realms of the TrueSpirit are different, as they deal or are inhabited by purely spiritual beings. think of it as the spiritual realms are the kind of places angels or demons would come from. they are spiritual beings, but never needed or had a need for a physical body. so they don't 'die' and are as such not part of Ethernere. at least thats how I've always seen it.

there's the Norrath, the physical..there's places like the Truespirit's pocket realms and their worlds that are purely Spiritual, and then there's places that deal with aspects of life like Hate/Fear/Love/Justice....the Godly planes...and then there's Ethernere, that deals with the Dead and transporting souls to the Godly planes those dead worshipped. Or perhaps sending you to your own version of hell. and there are apparelty 'dimensions' between planes, liek Ultera being the dimension we zip through when we use teleportation, or Astra being where we go when we dream...or the place that is in the Qeynos mage line that seems to be a place where the dead go/travel through before they get to Ethernere, or where the dead are that get 'stuck' and is responsible for the undead that just pop up for no apparent reason. (though in the mage line the neco from paineel apparently fashioned some kind of links that drew them into starcrest)
    Zypherous likes this.
  4. Zypherous New Member

Thanks a lot! This clears it up for me. I plan on doing this mage time line in qeynos, sounds pretty interesting.
  5. Meirril Well-Known Member

We don't know much about the Nameless. Supposedly he exists inside of the Void, or rather he exists in the place where things cease to exist. He created the Universe and the elemental deities to rule over it. He also created Rohen Theer to make sure that the Universe didn't become imbalanced. Everything else was created by the elemental deities and the things they created in turn.

More or less there should only be one Nameless since he is outside of the whole divergent universes/timelines/ect.
  6. Shadowscale Active Member

question i want to know... is there more then one veeshan... have heard is suposed to be on par with nameless rather then the other deitys. althogh if thats the case then wonder why allowing this stuff to be happaning.
  7. Innania Member

Well, from EQ1 lore we know Veeshan has traveled to other realms. In the Omens of War expansion, you learn of the Dragorn diety Vesegran who created them. You get clues in certain quests (especially the bard Epic 2.0 quest), and we've had dev confirmation that Vesegran and Veeshan are the same diety. That's why Dragorn, while existing in an entirely different "thread" and on the planet of Kuua, look so much like Norrathian dragons.
  8. Meirril Well-Known Member

Veeshan is the goddess of Sky. That makes her a god of influence, which is below an elemental deity in the hierarchy. What that means is in absolute terms is Veeshan wasn't created by the Nameless. Either Veeshan was created by an Elemental diety (likely), was a mortal and ascended to godhood, or was created by the needs of mortals (unlikely). Strength doesn't have much to do with what level of god you are. Rallos and a bunch of his followers beat the Rathe on their home plane. Ayone Ro is ridiculously powerful for a "lesser" deity.

Mostly what Veeshan is known for is planting dragons on Norrath and walking away. Veeshan hasn't put in an appearance or had any communication with anyone on Norrath since she did her fly-by. Some dragons claim that Veeshan helped here and there, but even those dragons said that maybe she didn't.