Spell multi attack

Discussion in 'Spells, Abilities, and General Class Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Caufun, Sep 12, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Caufun Guest

question on casters and healers
    Under offense stats:
    Spell multi attack - doublecast
    I understand this as when u press a button to cast a spell it has the chance to go off twice. If this is the case what number/goal should one shoot for? 100%
    Have had some people tell me that it has to do with the ranged weapon slot for casters/healers but that is listed under ranged as spell weapon multiattack/AE/Flurry. Do not believe that these are suppose to be redundant.
    Please advise
  2. ARCHIVED-Pattywak Guest

Spell Multiattack and Spell Doublecast are two different things. Spell Multiattack is like regular Multiattack but for your Spell Autoattack (aka next to useless because that attack does nothing for DPS). Spell Doublecast, however, is the chance for a spell to be cast twice (aka very nice but equally hard to get in large amounts).
  3. ARCHIVED-Luhai Guest

Don't confuse "spell weapon"-whatever with spell double attack.
    The spell weapon modifiers only work with a ranged autoattack item.

Spell double attack however does exactly what the name says. It's a % chance to make a hostile spell go off twice. Around 10% are not that hard to get at 92.
  4. ARCHIVED-Zorash Guest

What items have doublecast on them? I don't recall seeing anything that has a doublecast increase on it.

Thanks.
  5. ARCHIVED-Pattywak Guest

The only things that have it are procs, AA points, adornments, and myth buffs. I don't believe (correct me if I'm wrong people who play more mages than I do) that item will have Doublecast on them as a straight blue stat.
  6. ARCHIVED-Yure Guest

Ferk@Butcherblock wrote:
    Spell double cast is apart of the set bonus on the updated HM dunder jewerly for Mages, priests.
  7. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Red shoulder adornments have Spell Doublecast.
  8. ARCHIVED-Griffinhart Guest

Spell Multi-attacks scores are going to be very low.
    2.5% Red adorn on Shoulders. 2% for Yellow on shoulders.
    Time Compression 5% from an illy.
    Overcapping Spell casting speed, though crazy low numbers. 200% spell cast speed translates to less than 1%.
    Some gear has a 1 or 2% set bonus.
    The Wizard only mythical buff gives 10%.
    That's about it for fixed totals. A REALLY well geared and well buffed wizard can hit low to mid 20's.
    Then there are the temp buffs. Time Warp (illy group buff) gives an occasional 100% for 5 seconds.
    A warlock gets 10 seconds at 100% with one of their temp buffs.
    Spell multi-attack gives a huge boost to mage DPS, so they are very stingy with where you can get it from.
  9. ARCHIVED-Hennyo Guest

I really think what this thread shows, is the need for them to see the same terminology for this everywhere.

In the character window the stat is called "Spell Multi Attack" , when you hover your mouse over the stat, a small window comes up that says, "Doublecast Percentage". On items it is called, "Doublecast Chance" but the red and yellow runes are called, "Spell Double Attack" while if you examine they the stat is," Doublecast Chance".

There are many other examples about the inconsistent naming with this stat, and this thread makes a good point of cleaning up all the naming inconsistencies with this buff throughout the game. The least confusing, must descriptive name that the game already uses for this stat would be, "Doublecast chance". If everywhere this stat was referred in the game, only used that term, the confusion over this stat would disappear.
    EDIT: Since this stat is generally so uncommon, I don't believe fixing the naming of it everywhere in the game would a huge task.
  10. ARCHIVED-Freejazzlive Guest

Hennyo wrote:
    Quoted to enhance & reinforce truthiness.
  11. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

"Spell Multi Attack" and "Spell Double Attack" implies that it might work like Melee Multi Attack (it doesn't), plus the added chance of confusion with "Spell Weapon Multi Attack".
    I think "Spell Doublecast" is an accurate description for what it does.
  12. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

If and only IF they would going to let them hit more then 1 extra time when "Spell Multi Attack" would be accurate. but If they where going to do that them it opens a HUGE bag of class balance that i can not even start to think of.
  13. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

If Gear Inflation continues to spiral out of control, then yeah, we could see a day sometime within the next year that people are capping 100% Spell Doublecast and then they'd need to call it something else. I remember less than 4 years ago entire raid guilds struggled to put out 80k DPS. Now individual players are doing 400k. Good grief.