Spell damage and CA's?

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Chiltonium, Oct 14, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Chiltonium Guest

Hi guys, I was just wondering if spell damage affected our combat arts since they're derived from our spells? All of the builds Ive seen suggested here and EQ2 flames have the stormcaller line fully fleshed out with 10 in +10% spell damage. Ive got 3 in it so far, but my combat arts are all the same damage. What is the benefit to taking this aa? (yes all the ones that suggest it are also melee builds.)

Also, this is only my second character, my other one being an inquisitor, and I noticed something quite different. On my inquisitor my combat arts all do more than the expert version of the spell they mimic. As a warden however, the expert version of the spells do significantly more than the combat art. Is there a reason for that?
  2. ARCHIVED-Yure Guest

The 10% from INT line will not affect the CA's but it will the Encounter AOE dot plus alot of procs such as COB, POM, ET, Instinct, Assaissin Poison, and Warden melee stance proc.

As for the differets between Spell and CA damage. SOE never updated it correctly when SF launched.
    Currenty the Master version (experts might too) of the spells have greater base values.