Spell casting animations

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-adolf102, Mar 3, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-adolf102 Guest

I was wondering if there are any plans to update spell casting animations. Animations that are in are dull and they work even worst for melee classes. Few things I was thinking about. For melee classes instead of doing this windmill with hands as it is now and calling some mysterious lightning from heaves make the spell effect be drawn originating from player weapon. Or add some practicle effect to weapon/player itself and perform standard attack animation. I found it bit annoying with my paladin that instead of using his sword he is mostly weaving his hands around. It is done nicely for some spells/skills but not for all. For casters again it would be nice if spell effects will be originating from weapon (staff, sword, etc) equipped and animations made where caster is pointing his staff at enemy, instead of this standard casting hands mill. Anyway anything in improve casting animation and making them more diverse would be very nice addition. Thanks for reading.
  2. ARCHIVED-Malachyte Guest

I would just be happy if they gave the classes like the summoner, guardian, ranger, etc their own casting Aura instead of the generic white sparklies rising from the ground. I mean it's been over 2 years now lol!! Druids have leaves and weeds spring up when they cast, necro's get fiery skulls that spring up from under them and so on and so forth. I mean, honestly, i've never gotten a response on why this was never fixed though it certainly isn't game breaking. However, there have been numerous other things fixed like iksar swim, women character runs...Also i think it is quite important, especially on PvP, you can tell a class by the Casting Auras that spring up when they cast spells. Actually, it isn't as important on Melee classes since they don't cast spells with the exception of Crusaders...Even still the Pally and SK have their own Casting Aura atm as well ;p. But for a primary spell casting class like the Conjuror to not have a Casting Aura is quite odd no?