Speed of Combat

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by alextakesaction, Mar 8, 2013.

1. alextakesaction New Member

Hello!

I am a fairly new player who is having an AWESOME time exploring and reorienting myself with the world I once loved in EQ. Exploring the world of Norrath in it's shattered state has been incredibly fun, especially after having joined a "progression" guild.

My question is this:
    Today I joined my first group of players in Kaladim: two SKs, a Monk, a Templar, a Beastlord and me, a ranger (I promise, this isn't a setup to a joke...). The speed of combat was INCREDIBLY fast. Enemies were dying so quickly I could barely fire off an arrow. Bosses took a TINY bit longer, but not much. We were all appropriately leveled (all but one of us were level 35. The outlier was level 32) with some AAs between us. Was combat so fast paced because of "buffs" we as players may have received over the course of however-many expansions? Is combat always this "simple" in a group setting? Does it slow down at higher levels?

Thanks so much!
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

This is because of how gear has been changed. Treasured and Crafted armors have are higher than what used to be. Also level 1-80 is now meant to be faster thus helping you get to where more players are faster.