speculation of new xpac after ROV

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Bohrium, Aug 31, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Deadrus Guest

I'm really hoping tha Veious is next. But I fear that it wont be. Because they've been adding new citys Odus is going to be the more logical choice. But the thing is Im sure the good will get a new city in a LU sorta Like neriak so that the city can be compleatly blanced... so maybe they could do velious next. But if the do make Odus next I'd REALLY like them to inculde the rest of Antonica with it because it is a much smaller landmass then Velious, Kunark and Faydwer. It might also be nice to see the rest of Antonica added in LUs instead of with the next expantion. That way we could get the rest of it sooner.
  2. ARCHIVED-Wildmage Guest

Odus in current EQ1 isn't as small as most of you remember it has had several zones added to it over the years.
  3. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

I'd like to see Velious personally, barring that, how about an expansion to fill in the missing zones of Old Antonica...
    Kithicor, Forbidden Forest, Highbourne, Moors of Ykesha, Highkeep, etc...
    Of course, Odus does hold a certain appeal to me as well. My first character ever was an Erudite, and my last one in EQ1 as well. Paineel and Erudin would be nice to revisit...and the Hole was always a blast.
  4. ARCHIVED-Trepan Guest

Wildmage wrote:
    I have great memories of crawling through old Paineel all the way to the Vault of the Underfoot. Weeks spent in the Stonebrunt Mountains trying to do the sash quest. Of course, a lot of those great memories come from laughing at people who tried to levitate out over the hole... (leading to yet another crawl through Paineel to the Vault to get their corpse).

The addition of the Pirates of Gunthak/Ykesha zones did a great deal to expand the acreage of Odus almost two-fold from what it was.

I wouldn't mind Odus as the next one, but I'd prefer Vellious. I have more memories of that place... the first time I ever hitched a ride on the gnomish Icebreaker... priceless.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lord Montague Guest

Creub@Splitpaw wrote:
    OMG! I'm so glad I'm not alone in that sentiment.
    Nostalgia is all well and good, and maybe it's the fact I never played EQ1 but as far as nostalgia factor it does't exist for me. I often people hear people say "oh yeah, remember back in EQ1 running through blah blah..." and all I can say is "hmm, no, I don't - I wasn't there." Not to say it's bad, it just means nothing to me.
    But personally, whatever they do I would like for it to have some element of mystery and surprise to it. The predictability has made me feel somewhat blah because it takes away from the sense of wonder to a certain degree.
    And I certainly hope that whatever title they pick out and run through the patent office next time is ominous and enigmatic enough that we will have no idea what's coming until maybe around beta. Call me a heratic, but to me that would be fun.
  6. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

Seirrah@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Ah, that's the beauty of having never played EQ1. They could still do a Velious or Odus expansion with tons of nostalgia and it'd still be all new to you!
  7. ARCHIVED-nobe Guest

I, for one, would like nothing better than to see some sort of completely new area. An undsicovered continent with never before seen races and mobs.
  8. ARCHIVED-Denxanmmo Guest

Or, you know... we could get an expansion that introduces something that wasn't in the original EverQuest, imo.
  9. ARCHIVED-StrafaeSwiftleaf Guest

For those that think Odus would be to small for a xpac package Odus with the Oceans/playerships add Prexus back to the dieites, also add the missing chunks of old antonica, highkeep/kith/moors/high b.
    Done deal.
    As for Velious, make thurgadin a player city, and let dwarves/coldain, start there"or just add more hair/beard styles for exisitng dwarves" *shrugs* makes to much sence to me.
    anyway thats stuff i would like to see, plus the underfoot, alot of the underfoot >
  10. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

For Thugadin all they would have to do is give Dwarves a pasty complexion. Now the Icepaw Gnolls one the other hand.
    Still I would like to see Odus as well I have a pet theory I'm waiting to have proved wrong, that Shar Vhal got teleported back and is hovering over the Hole.
  11. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    Nah, that would mean it was also hovering over Paineel... Come to think of it, that could work. The Heretics would love to have a floating city full of cat slaves.
  12. ARCHIVED-Nolrog Guest

Bloodravenger@Mistmoore wrote:
    Not really.
    There's Paineel, The Hole, The Warrens, Stonebrunt Mountains, Tox, Kerra, Erudin and all of the LoY zones that could be included.
  13. ARCHIVED-Nolrog Guest

Khurghan wrote:
    Drinal
  14. ARCHIVED-Geinoch Guest

I think it's time to see the return of some cities... Troll should have created a new city (village) area since the cataclysm (and I don't mean Groob 2, I mean something new). Barbarian and Ogre too! And what about froglok? They should also create more new noobs areas... It's always fun to recreate a toon and play it in a new story.
    It would also be good for PvP servers. It would separate the gankers in some more areas. Because now they are all in Antonica or DW/CL zone...

(sorry for my english)
  15. ARCHIVED-Winter Guest

Radun@Oasis wrote:
    Here here to Odus! But you know, I wouldn't mind seeing a new expansion of all original stuff... Maybe something subterranean that was revealed by Luclin's explosion... Or maybe even a piece of Luclin that you can explore on Norrath. I know that sounds obtuse, but hey.
  16. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Nolrog wrote:
    Don't forget about Erud's Crossing. (expanded)
  17. ARCHIVED-DMIstar Guest

Odus Has: 13 zones ..

Erudin
    Erudin Palace
    Kerra Isle - Obsolete
    Paineel
    Ruins of Old Paineel (The Hole)
    Stonebrunt Mountains
    Toxxulia Forest
    Warrens
    Crypt of Nadox
    Dulak's Harbor
    Gulf of Gunthak
    Hate's Fury
    Torgiran Mines

SoV has: 19zones

Cobalt Scar
    Crystal Caverns
    Dragon Necropolis
    Eastern Wastes
    Great Divide
    Iceclad Ocean
    Icewell Keep
    Kael Drakkel
    Kerafyrm's Lair (Sleeper's Tomb)
    Plane of Growth
    Plane of Mischief
    Siren's Grotto
    Skyshrine
    Temple of Veeshan
    Thurgadin
    Tower of Frozen Shadow
    Velketor's Labyrinth
    Wakening Land
    Western Wastes

Kunark Had 27 zones

Talking alot of filler compared to Kunark comeing out

Comparison is no longer faydwer vs Odus... Odus is a tad smaller even with LoY zones.. Faydwer had 17 zones to it. Faydwer is much smaller then upcomeing Kunark... Im not saying next one after kunark has to be bigger then it, But would be happy with about 75percent near it. Odus is not that big period.

As for those trying to say "More new Places, less old places" Well go visit DoF, and KoS, or adventure packs, Bloodline chronicles, Splitpaw saga, Fallen Dynasty... All of which are New and orignal and have realy nothing the same as in OLD EQ... And this is everything besides old world and EoF and the new Kunark ....

Im sick of the new, Give me old world back first. EoF was $$
  18. ARCHIVED-Zarafein Guest

this type of comparison is..., just because this and that had so many zones in eq1 doesn't mean it will be the same in eq2 thats alredy proven, Odus could have two times as much zones as it had in eq1 or just half as much.
  19. ARCHIVED-Hukklebuk Guest

Nolrog wrote:
    Sure is showing up in a lot of art (backdrop of RoK web page art for one) and quite prominently viewable in game isn't it.....

but frankly - I'd rather go somewhere new, unknown to EQ1. Yes it would be cool to see old stuff redone, but EQ2 isn't a sequel, and wasn't intended to be a sequel.

Someplace new please. no moons, no Taelosia (probably one of the few that did actually like that place in 1), but really just something new for Eq2 that isn't a rehash.... I want to do something new, not do something over.

*edit spelling - keyboard hates me
  20. ARCHIVED-Tyrus Dracofire Guest

i would say Odus will be possible expansion with few new isles never seen in EQ1, or as the fragments of lunar chunks as new islands near odus to make it seem bigger, and they are maybe designed as 90 lvl cap

then releasing Velious for end cap level 100.
    just a thought if that made sense in the minds of eq2 developers.