Soulfire's Viking Hall

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Havoc, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Havoc Active Member

A while back I started to build holiday venues for the Soulfire Club into other prestige homes. I was a bit tired of having to change the decor for every holiday especially when some of those come pretty quickly behind another. So putting each holiday venue into a prestige home allows me and Soulfire Club to not have to redecorate over the weekend or such. For some reason I'd tear down Soulfire and put it back together in a day or a weekend. That got a bit out of hand...

During Brewday of this year I realized that I had neglected to give Soulfire a Brewday venue. I had a Nights of the Day, a Frostfell, and an Erollisi Day venue. But no Brewday. Brewday is a very important holiday that deserves its very own home.
    This year there was a Brewday SC package that came with the house and the Brewmaster's Furniture set. That was a really nice deal. I was going to donate one to Soulfire Club, but someone beat me to it, dangit! (Thank you Maya for the donation)
    Anyway, it took me a good few months to really get a design in my head. I knew one thing...Euryale liked Vikings. Euryale wanted a Viking Hall. Vikings...hmm. Hmm. Okay so I need bear rugs and stuff...and I have this stone tables and such...hmm.

Long story short...I finally did get an idea after I finished A Pirate's Timeless Tale. So here she is ready for Octoberfest!

Name:Soulfireannex
    Server: Antonia Bayle
    Leaderboards:N/A
    Decorator(s): Neversea Crimsonblade

Entry

[IMG]

The Bar

[IMG]

A simple stove and sink

[IMG]

[IMG]

Bar cabinets

[IMG]

One of the things I wanted to do was encourage people to sit and interact with others. What better way to do that than by a nice warm fire?

[IMG]
    [IMG]

The Stage had to be fairly simple. Vikings prefer to dance on the bar and such. They're also very loud.

[IMG]

Of course every Brewday tavern has got to have it's own Brewery! (Walk-in freezer unfortunately not walk-in able due to various reasons. I hate you item count.)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

View from the stage

[IMG]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Havoc Active Member

Whatever you call them, Vikings, Barbarians or what-have-you, they all have one thing in common. They're hunters and they celebrate the hunt in various different ways. Yeah, there's lions and tigers and bears (Oh my!), but those are all a cakewalk compared to taking down a dragon! So I thought it fitting for the Norrath setting that there be The Dragon Hunter's Shrine dedicated to all our dragon slayers out there.

[IMG]

Also in the shrine room, you will come across two doors. One of these leads to the Soulfire Restrooms while the other leads to....well honestly I have no idea where it came from. It seemed to have built itself. Hmm. Maybe the Dragon Hunter's Shrine has something to do with it. Either way since the door clearly states... BEWARE! NO ADMITTANCE! We should probably stay out...for now.

[IMG]

Also in the Dragon Hunter's Shrine, you'll find a pair of the dragons holding up a magical teleportation pad that will take you too...The Crystal Garden.

[IMG]

I have a little something extra for this part. Some of you know that I have previously written stories or built homes based on my own stories. Well, this is a little different. usually it's the story that inspires the home, but this time it was the home that inspired the story. So if you're interested here's the story: The Crystal Gardens
    And Welcome to the Crystal Gardens

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

The icy-white crystals on the right are my favorite. They're Pure Salt Crystals that turned a clearer, icy color when placed in water.

[IMG]

Special lava-crystals have their own place to grow set away from the rest.

[IMG]

And there you have it. These dragons will take you back to the Dragon Hunter's Shrine!

[IMG]

This home may not appear on the leaderboards, but it will be open to visitors. You just have to go to Thurgadin!

Pirate out for now!
    ~Neversea
  3. Kamoj Well-Known Member

Awesome work as always! I love the vaulted arched ceilings. I'll have to come visit when I'm on my AB toon!
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sigh...not everyone has access to Thurgadin... :-/

Uwk
  5. Gracey Well-Known Member

Very pretty - love the crystal gardens!
  6. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

this is nice! I bet it was hard work doing that arch ceiling. ;) I love the garden. :D
  7. Afista Well-Known Member

I love that back wall in the main hall area and the freestanding fireplaces are really unique. Nice work!