SONY, This is not a game. This is entertainment at a premium!!! HEADS UP

Discussion in 'Troubador' started by ARCHIVED-Tyddus2, Dec 8, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Tyddus2 Guest

From all the posts I have been reading, it is obvious how many unhappy trobadours there are. I am at 18 now so I have not made my choice, although I was tending to lean towards the Trob but thats beside the point now.

Sony seems to not realise the kind of person behind the Bard, or the class culture it represents and that is merging from EQ1 looking for an improved, better, enhanced experience of a character they can identify with.

THERE IS A FUNDAMENTAL REASON WHY BARDS DON'T CHOOSE THE OTHER CLASSES!!!

They need to realise why paying customers choose a particular product ( class ) or not. I don't whatch TV cause it's mostly crap. So besides all the traditional forms of entertainment I choose EQ instead of TV. I enjoy it and I as well as you will also like to be able to. We are customeres with serious questions and not a bunch of idiots hypnotized behind a CRT.

The EQ community that has changed from EQ1 to EQ2 is demanding you look at the Bard Class again. We understand there may have been wrong things with the Bard in EQ1 such as kiting a whole zone and other issues.

One handed weapon for a Bard? Proposterous! They are going to make the Troub into a kind of Paladin is that it?

No Selos? or travel song? , making other classes or even peeps with Jboots run faster? JBOOTS? Proposterous!

DRUIDS and Shams faster? PROPOSTEROUS!

I may have to park my Bard until they figure out how they are going to fix this class. Might as well play may Rogue instead because without Selos, Charm or a class dual weilding weapons they are making this class a kind of Paladin a role too small for the Bard!!

You may think I sound too serious, but you know what ?I am paying for this and so are you! And what I am seeing is not sensible.

SONY theres a piece of me right here.
  2. ARCHIVED-Raolin Guest

From day 1, everyone representing anything official at Sony has said.......

drumroll please....

Everquest TWO is not going to be like Everquest Live! TOTALLY different games. Just because something might seem similar, or have the same word associated with it, doesn't mean it will work anything near the same.

Bards in this game are SCOUTS. We do damage. And unlock chests. We can track and sneak, but generally, we weren't meant to run faster or fly or twist. This is not your old everquest.
  3. ARCHIVED-Xrande Guest

And please don't cross post. ;)
  4. ARCHIVED-Monomofo Guest

Tyddus Im a lvl 23 Trob. Im not 24 because Im leveling other char for guild reasons. I have some complains about our class but In no way Im unhappy with the class. The single hand weapon for Qeynos trob, is a pain, but trust me a minor one....there are plenty of weapons to replace that one (of course giving us a dual wield weapon would be the obvious right thing to do). The speed thing is againa a minor pain...we will all get horses eventually and that would be the end of it. There are some other issues you can review em on this board..but BY NO MEANS they are class breakers. Some buff needs to be fixed and we really need eye candy. But so far Im happy with my char. its a lot of fun being a trob. BTW...my charm works as a charm its really a life saver it lasts 30 sec aprox and you can order the pet to attack despite what's said on the description. the timer is a lil long but hey its a hell of a skill. So go ahead and choose your path and if trob is what you want dont worry, you'll enjoy it.
  5. ARCHIVED-Tyddus2 Guest

Hey Monomofo thanks for the info. It's good to know that the charmed pet can be commanded to fight. It should help a lot as you say, as it helped in EQ1. Fear is for the Diege if Im not mistaken. It would be great to be able to have both.
    Anyway, thanks again for your words of encourangement.

I would like to finish by adding that Monomofo is one hell of a funny name, almost fell of my chair when I saw it lol

Message Edited by Tyddus2 on 12-09-2004 06:07 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-KeyserHecubus Guest

our class is definitely not finished...there is some tweaking that needs to be done...but posts like this crack me up. I *love* my troubador and I'm in no way ready to march around in a picket line or stage a hunger strike until they make us run faster like in eq1! As someone else said....it's a different game and a different bard. Afterall, how many times in EQ1 did you get teleported across the zone by a bard? Should we complain about that change too? Heck no...that's a great change hehe. The Troub class definitely isn't for everyone but I'm sure having a blast with it. =) Once we all get the traditional concept of the EQ bard out of our heads it'll be easier to appreciate the *new* vision(tm) of bards for eq2. =) I for one am very pleased with the troubador class.
  7. ARCHIVED-Urborg74 Guest

Hehe, definitely, Escape has to be the coolest ability ever :smileywink: I swear that skill has saved me and my party from more deaths than anything else I have...well other than power regen. I think the class is working as it is. As others have said, yeah I'd like a little more flash from my specials, more eye candy and all, and it would be nice to be able to hit harder, etc. Well, I was grouped with a Brigand and I remember seeing him pop a mob for 700 dmg with Surprise Strike or whatever it's called and remember thinking about how my best hit was hardly over 200. The grass always seems greener on the other side tho because after a while the brigand commented how much he wished he had the songs that buff everyone up so nice and make bards so popular in a party. To everyone else he was just dps, he felt, while we were so much better with our Escape, power regen song, stat buffers, etc. All he thought he had to show off with was his dmg, while we have all these other things to offer. That's just an example but the point is that while we're thinking everyone else is so cool and we suck, there are other people thinking the same thing about their class. When you take an honest look at it, we've all got something to offer and maybe the majority of the classes in EQ really are balanced, despite what the power hungry gamers say.
  8. ARCHIVED-Xrande Guest

Every scout get Escape. So all 6 scout s-class gets escape. Nothing unique for Bard.

Problem is bard is the lack of innovation and creativity. L20+ is basically a stronger
    and upgraded version of L1-20 Bard. Most spells work the same. All spells still reuse
    the same animation.

Kinda boring....well