Songster's Luck Nerf

Discussion in 'Troubador' started by ARCHIVED-Sethis, Dec 4, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Sethis Guest

Songster's has been nerf since last patch. It was the most usefull buff, it ll be the worst now.
    A boost of 5 point in perturbation and the other offensive skill for 2 concentration let me laugh (it was 15 before patch).
    So make Mercyless melodi and Songster' luck cost one conc or we can deleter or bard.
  2. ARCHIVED-Olodin Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Oghier Guest

Yep -- Adept 1 of Songsters is now a four point boost. Blech. It lost its spot on my hotbar.
  4. ARCHIVED-Monomofo Guest

This MUST be broken. It's sooo useless as it is now...adept 1 and 4 points? shheshhh

Ayax, Trob 21 lvl
  5. ARCHIVED-aeiouy Guest

Wow they did nerf it good. My Master I is only 6 points now.
  6. ARCHIVED-Raolin Guest

This is a pretty severe nerf, especially for it to be a silent nerf. The song was not overpowering at all. Now, it does next to nothing (like the rest of our songs, it seems). The only difference is, it still costs 2 concentration. It should be roughly equal in power with Merciless Melody, and it was. It was almost exactly as good as merciless melody before. Now, it's not anywhere near worth one concenration. It's gone from my hotbar.

I'm rather pissed off. I think it may be time to start a mystic...
  7. ARCHIVED-Mombasa Guest

Thanks for info, pathetic nerf, GG SOE. :smileysad:
  8. ARCHIVED-__kirby__ Guest

If it was a 'silent' nerf and changed that drastically, maybe it was not done intentionally? a programmer spilled coffee .oor some other foreign substance on their keyboard? who knows. Maybe its worth reporting, at least to media sites, might get it some attention.
  9. ARCHIVED-aeiouy Guest

One thing people have to keep in mind is that this buffs all the offensive and defensive abilities for your entire group almost a full level at adept I. That is a pretty stout buff.
  10. ARCHIVED-Aillawen Guest

I guess they figured it wasn't hard enough for us to get groups so they decided to make it harder.
  11. ARCHIVED-Monomofo Guest

yes it buffs all the party, but : 1) so does all the group buffs in the game. 2) our buffs give us the ability to solo , take that away and what are we supposed to do, when you need or want to solo?
    Message Edited by Monomofo on 12-07-2004 09:17 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-Claritin Guest

Probably the same patch that nerfed charm to not work on any mobs worth exping on... one day last week I charmed low reds with Adept1 charm... this week I can't even charm yellows... not due to resists but due to "the target is too powerful" messages.... Charm is now worthless to me also.

Maybe they can sytematically nerf everything bard related in EQ1 and develop a scheme to break our ability to move and sing at the same time with each new patch!!!! That would RULE!

Yes SOE I am being sarcastic... please go back and re-evaluate both the bard charm's ability to charm mobs worth exping off at lvl 30... and the amount of concentration spells songster's luck, haste, and the lvl 30 HP regen song use... the lvl 30 HP regen song is 100% useless in it's current form.
  13. ARCHIVED-Atri Guest

The only mobs I have run across that I couldn't charm were the ^^ mobs which are always group mobs right? Not being able to charm them doesn't seem unreasonable since they are designed as a single mobs tough enough for an entire group.

Did they fix the issue of not being able to command charmed mobs without breaking charm?
  14. ARCHIVED-aeiouy Guest

Are you claiming Troubador's can't solo?
  15. ARCHIVED-Monomofo Guest

No, what Im saying is: the argument about our buffs affecting everybody is no reason for them to be crappy. If they become too crappy....we will be on a disadvantge with other scout classes or any other classes for that matter. The druid, shaman, Mage, etc, etc...buffs affect all the party actually thats a main desing change in Eq2 compared to Eq1. So I cannot accept the argument that they need to be crappy (and a buff that takes 2 concentration slots and up your attack by 4 points is waaaaay too crappy) becasuse they affect everybody. We are scouts and that means we are BY GAME DESIGN a DPS class. We dont have poison and we dont have the mega dmg arts the other scout classes have and Im totally ok with that because we have buffs and stuff that helps us, so our dmg output while not being the same as the other scout classes is still good enough. BUT if they keep stealth nerfing or stealth breaking (I still think the songster's luck thing is a bug)....our ability to solo will be damaged, in fact our own utility to a party is already damaged by this.

Don't get me wrong Im a lvl 23 Trob. I love my char and so far I love my class. But if they are going to reduce one of our buffs the way they did it. I think we deserve at least an explanation. I cant believe this song was by any means unbalancing, and if 4 point increase is all we gonna get then at least remove the concentration at all...as it is, not even with only one concentration slot requirement its worth playing.
  16. ARCHIVED-AzureDawn Guest

I totally agree with monomofo here. Nerfs of this kind need to be explained.... if there is a valid reason, we are generally reasonable.,.. willing to listen to it. It is in our interest to be balanced as a class; we want to be in line with everyone else. What is not at all clear is whether there was a pressing reason to nerf this. or any reason at all. just a programmer mistake that is carried on because they aren't competant enough to provide a minimal level of code quality.

Changes need to be presented in patch notes. If its not in a patch note... its a bug.
  17. ARCHIVED-Xrande Guest

Confirmed that AppIII Songster Luck is 3 points increase.
    Adept 1 is 4 points increase. 1 MEAGER point for adept 1???
  18. ARCHIVED-Chroniss83 Guest

Wow thats pretty pathetic of them to do that.

SOE You have a brand new game, a chance to start over, are you seriously going down this road again?
  19. ARCHIVED-Monomofo Guest

I tried it yesterday again...after being in the benhc since the nerfing patch...Im lvl 23 and i have adept1...I gained 6 points in attack ...still very low...but just wondeering if it is lvl dependant...or dunno...maybe it will get better once I hit lvl 24..Ill tell you this weekend.
  20. ARCHIVED-Took Guest

Would like to know if this is intended or a bug. I'll /bug it until I hear otherwise.