Something's odd with my channeler pet

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Semperfifofum, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Maybe this is just lag, but why does my pet's health bounce to 50% and then back to normal AFTER a battle is complete, about 10 sec after.

Ever since the rift fix, I've died a lot more with my channeler and it's funny because I'm middling at best with channeler and she seemed tougher before. I also wasn't using rift very much since I found out about the rift fix only just before it was fixed. I didn't need to. Now my pet bounces like crazy and I don't even have to be fighting anything for it to happen. In both Sambata village and Wayward Mansion, as soon as battle starts, it's down to 50% as if that's scripted. Then I heal it... then when battle stops, it goes to 50% again within a few seconds. I"m looking right at the pet, there is no aggressive stance, it didn't aggro anything, it's just standing there. Why would the health drop like that? Is the Fount/Grace effect dropping or something?

Until I noticed that, I thought I was worse than usual at playing this class.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I know there's a Monk/Bruiser thing you can get that bounces your health, but that's only a barely noticeable fraction, more like less than 5% vs. 50%, and if memory serves, it's supposed to increase your power or whatever at the expense of your health, by a minuscule amount.

Could it be some Channeler thing, rather than a Pet thing? :-/

Uwk
    also puzzled
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  3. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

As soon as its health is below 25% it stops redirecting damage so it's like I"m standing in a storm of steel naked. Instant death if I didn't start a rift or something before hand. At first I thought I couldn't heal it, but then I realized its health is insane, so it just looks like I can't heal it, and I have to use the various pet heals to get its health back up. Since its total health is supposed to cover an entire group, there's no reason I can think of why a solo mob would do that much damage. The netherbians and those floating ghost things in Wayward Manor are particularly likely to do it.

Then, I don't know what to make of the "pet is at rest, but takes damage out of combat" thing. I didn't have a dot on me at that point. I only noticed that effect in WM, not Sambata Village. But I could've missed it. That Trunk in particular requires all my concentration.

It hast o be some thing I missed like I have to turn off something or turn on something in how I use the pet. It's like at 50% the pet gets a big damage reduction and stops the instant drop of health and makes it slower, like the bleedthrough is 80% until the pet's health is 50%. Or the damage reduction isn't triggering. In theory, the pet takes damage and instantly heals it with a reduction, so as long as the damage is low, it's like you're immune to damage. But once it hits a threshold, the pet gets damaged and if it's damaged enough, you pretty much insta die. Or at least that's my experience of it so far. I used a bauble, so I may be missing nuances.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Or it may be a bug. :(

Uwk
    Semperfifofum likes this.