Something wierd with the Ancient Elements Preq.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Sslississ, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Sslississ New Member

It seems on my bruiser I am unable to turn in the quest once I receive the quest from the apprentice in CL near GY gate. I have already done the quest with 11 other alts on the same account. What can I do to resolve the issue?
    :mad::confused:
  2. Eradani Well-Known Member

from test update notes: Against the Elements for... - Librarian Elol and Librarian Jasozi are no longer confused by odd items in your inventory and will update the quest, as intended

it was something about some other kind of token, iirc
  3. Risxsoul Member

I have the same issue with one character. Another char got through the quest just fine. I petitioned it.
  4. Risxsoul Member

Here is the answer from GM.

You have a Void Storm Shred in your Bank. Delete that and try talking to Librarian Elol then.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

Wow you can barely read that!
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Yes, that white text should not be an available option since we cannot change the background color.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Just highlight the text with your cursor as if you were going to copy the text.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  8. Svenone Well-Known Member

I have that issue with other color combinations as well (yellow on white, purple on black,...). Highlighting the text nearly always helps bring things into visibility.
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

I did do that LOL that was the only way I could see it.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I have tritanopia, one of the few kinds of color blindness that affect women, so highlighting text is one of my survival tricks. Every web designer should have a copy of VisiBone's color reference chart to help with designing that doesn't rely on "normal" color vision.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  11. Eradani Well-Known Member

i had no idea what you guys were talking about saying that text was hard to read as i use GreaseMonkey to format ALL webpages with black text (links in blue) on a tan background so i don't get blinded by the white.

GreaseMonkey is available as a FireFox addon and is fairly easy to customize if you have any understanding of css stylesheets OR there are premade "scripts" available

https://wiki.greasespot.net/Greasemonkey_Manual
  12. Risxsoul Member

Sorry about the unreadable above.
  13. Portador de la Morte New Member

'i can[t pick up the quest from the librarian in Freeport. and I've checked my inventory in bags and bank. I'm also having trouble looting. anyone else experiencing similar?
  14. elflover Well-Known Member

You dont get the quest from the librarian. Go to darklight wood -531.83, -56.55, 136.09 if your an evil character or -331, -51, -31 if your a goody...they will give you the quest and then you go to the city.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  15. Svenone Well-Known Member

Yeah, for evils I get the quest from the apprentice across the road from the Well of Souls in the Darklight Woods (kinda near the newbie starting area.) For the goodies, I get the quest from the apprentice not far from Qeynos in the beetle infested area just north? of the aqueduct.

In both cases, after you get the quest you have to find the librarian in your city's mage tower (down the elevator in Freeport, and down the stairs after the red portal in Qeynos.) Both will have you find a case of the disturbance, (and the mobs must at least con green to count). There will be a large, unattackable whirlwind and a small aggro elemental. Kill the elemental, and another will spawn, and another, and another, and another. After killing 5 elemental, the whirlwind will become aggro. Kill the whirlwind and a small chest will drop. Loot that chest, go back to the librarian in the city, and collect your rewart. It is suggested that you DO NOT do this last step until you are 110 adventurer level, or you will not get the best reward.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I get the evil side just up from the CL docks near the Ghost Orcs.
  17. Svenone Well-Known Member

Yeah, there are probably one in each newbie area, and maybe even more elsewhere. Once I found one, though, I didn't see the need to search for more.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are 33 zones with quest starters, about evenly divided between good and evil. If you look at EQ2 Trader's Corner, at the bottom is a spreadsheet listing every one, plus the tempest locations.
  19. Xianthia Well-Known Member

re: finding one - ^This is exactly what I did. Found a good and an evil npc and went on from there.